The X-Files

Started by Mr. Domino, Feb 06, 2011, 08:12:03 PM

Author
The X-Files (Read 25,259 times)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 25, 2015, 11:46:22 AM
Well I'm definitely looking forward to it. The last movie they did was absolute crap and there wasn't anything supernatural about it. I hope the episodes will be one off episodes rather than some kind of alien arc.
I think it will be more of an arc if they want to go back and answer unanswered questions as they stated.

Makes me wonder if the will cast baby William as a preteen and finally have him meet his parents. I think that's the saddest part of the series. Scully didn't get to see her child grow, and oh how she wanted a kid. The latest movie only mentions their child briefly. But it's clear they never reconnected with him. And now in total it's been 13 years at least since they put him up for adoption.

As cliche as it is, the whole thing with kids finding their biological parents would fit in perfectly in this situation. If William actually searches for them and shows up at their doorstep unexpectedly.

AlienPredatorFan77

AlienPredatorFan77

Really happy with the news that X-Files will back, will be dusting off the DVD set for a refresh.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Mar 25, 2015, 01:52:29 PM
I think it will be more of an arc if they want to go back and answer unanswered questions as they stated.

By the sounds of what Chris Carter said, he implies it's going to be six separate stores. I always enjoyed those episodes more than the arc. I think they wrapped everything up nicely in the series finale.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 26, 2015, 07:54:36 PM
Quote from: xeno-kaname on Mar 25, 2015, 01:52:29 PM

By the sounds of what Chris Carter said, he implies it's going to be six separate stores. I always enjoyed those episodes more than the arc. I think they wrapped everything up nicely in the series finale.

Yeah it does kinds sound like that too so I guess it'll be a bit of both?

Darkness it appears they are going to do both styles of episodes.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/artsbeat/2015/03/27/david-duchovny-on-the-new-x-files-and-why-mulder-was-a-terrible-f-b-i-agent/

It's interesting that he doesn't straight up say that CSM is dead, so he might return? That would be something.

I think they wrapped everything up nicely in the series finale.

The series finale was wrapped up pretty well, except for the fact that there was still an Alien Invasion due on 21 Dec 2012.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 08, 2015, 09:44:12 AM
I think they wrapped everything up nicely in the series finale.

The series finale was wrapped up pretty well, except for the fact that there was still an Alien Invasion due on 21 Dec 2012.
That's what I thought the second movie would cover  :-\

Anyways, Skinner and CSM are confirmed to return! From what I've read.

Darkness

Darkness

I'm puzzled how they're going to bring Smoking Man back unless it's via a flashback.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 08, 2015, 12:29:28 PM
I'm puzzled how they're going to bring Smoking Man back unless it's via a flashback.
That is what I hope. Some people are saying he cloned himself though  ::) Just speculation though.

ace3g

ace3g

xeno-kaname

Darkness

Darkness

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Darkness on May 11, 2015, 09:21:54 PM
Confirmed for a January 2016 premiere. There also talk of the Lone Gunman returning too.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/378757-fox-sets-x-files-january-2016/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fox-sets-x-files-january-2016

The only blatant retcon I can accept with open arms  8)

as much as I'd love to see them back, this scene

was so powerful, I would hate to see it not have mattered.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: AvatarIII on May 12, 2015, 10:56:52 AM
as much as I'd love to see them back, this scene

http://www.revolutionsf.com/images/tv/xfiles/jumptheshark/glassdoor.jpg

was so powerful, I would hate to see it not have mattered.

True. And when they came back as "ghosts" talking to Mulder in one of the later seasons. Was it in the series finale? That was a cool scene.

By the way that series finale was one of the most unsatisfying ever. It didn't feel like one it felt like it was just a cliffhanger to another season.

Guess they knew they'd come back some day  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed