NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,209,003 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: bobcunk on Feb 22, 2023, 01:55:10 PMYep, looks like a custom...or does it? :o

Definitely a custom with McFarlane Batman pieces on it.

Totally okay with companies posting custom figures, just wish they'd clarify it's not official. The individual posting it probably had no clue it even had another companies parts on the figure. Tells me that they really don't care for the brand anymore.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I'm betting it's real and not a custom.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 25, 2023, 06:12:45 AMI'm betting it's real and not a custom.

What, the Predator in that photo? That's definitely a custom. It's a repost of a fan's toy photography that used a Batman jacket/cape from a McFarlane figure. They tag the photographer and also use their #NecafanFoto hashtag.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

My bad then.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I can't wait for some new Predator figure news at this point, hopefully sooner rather than later. Also I would like to clear something up, I notice many people state that the Elder is using the Kindred mask, However, the young Elder is seen wearing this mask in the 1718 cover art. 1718 was released July 1996, while Kindred was starting it's run release in December 1996, so technically Kindred took the mask idea from the 1718 art cover. So it's technically the Elders secondary mask. So it makes sense to include it with the figure.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Is that really the original art for 1718? Wasn't it actually released in the Dark Horse magazine and had no real cover?
I think the Predator Omnibus (and Aliens one as well) just took some random Dark Horse covers and "attached" them to other stories, creating this confusion in the first place.

Here is some further "proof" that it's really a Kindred cover:
https://i1.whakoom.com/large/2e/1e/5552fe7f1a3648608ce8524565fcb000.jpg

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 01, 2023, 12:10:21 AMIs that really the original art for 1718? Wasn't it actually released in the Dark Horse magazine and had no real cover?
I think the Predator Omnibus (and Aliens one as well) just took some random Dark Horse covers and "attached" them to other stories, creating this confusion in the first place.

Here is some further "proof" that it's really a Kindred cover:
https://i1.whakoom.com/large/2e/1e/5552fe7f1a3648608ce8524565fcb000.jpg
WOW interesting, thank you for clearing this up. I had no idea they refused the cover from Kindred. I learn new things everyday lol.

Wweyland

Wweyland

The 1718 Golden Angel does have the bronze shoulder armor and the tiny-skull-trinkets-necklace, so the Predators are quite similar, except for the masks.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 01, 2023, 01:03:39 AMThe 1718 Golden Angel does have the bronze shoulder armor and the tiny-skull-trinkets-necklace, so the Predators are quite similar, except for the masks.
Very true, which is also why I thought the art was of the Golden Angel, the greenish looking skin and similar armor etc.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

We could assume due to how long they live and his already advanced age that he's had multiple masks. We even see Wolf with a wall of these so it's possible they could have multiple.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I never noticed the blood on the leaves on that cover before, nice detail.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

https://www.facebook.com/necaofficial

Hope it's Ultimate Wolf and Feral, at least (and at last!).

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

So can anyone share some good newa on the Ultimate Lost Tribe Preds? BBTS has nearly all of them in stock. While I've been lucky in the past with NECA Preds (as in no breaking) I've been just as unlucky. These are 41 bucks and I'm fearful of buying one only to have it break. I haven't bought a NECA Predator since Fugitive in 2019, and before that the AVP wave with Elder Predator from AVP 2004. Are they worth it? Or is the risk not worth it for 41 dollars?

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: The Shuriken on Mar 04, 2023, 08:12:09 PMSo can anyone share some good newa on the Ultimate Lost Tribe Preds? BBTS has nearly all of them in stock. While I've been lucky in the past with NECA Preds (as in no breaking) I've been just as unlucky. These are 41 bucks and I'm fearful of buying one only to have it break. I haven't bought a NECA Predator since Fugitive in 2019, and before that the AVP wave with Elder Predator from AVP 2004. Are they worth it? Or is the risk not worth it for 41 dollars?
So basically, all but Ultimate Snake and Ultimate Elder and Ultimate Shaman have a stuck hip joints on either left or right on every copy, nearly every single review and all the ones I purchased. So I would stick with Snake, Elder and Shaman if you get any, i bought two elders and no issues, same with snake and shaman.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Mar 04, 2023, 11:31:25 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Mar 04, 2023, 08:12:09 PMSo can anyone share some good newa on the Ultimate Lost Tribe Preds? BBTS has nearly all of them in stock. While I've been lucky in the past with NECA Preds (as in no breaking) I've been just as unlucky. These are 41 bucks and I'm fearful of buying one only to have it break. I haven't bought a NECA Predator since Fugitive in 2019, and before that the AVP wave with Elder Predator from AVP 2004. Are they worth it? Or is the risk not worth it for 41 dollars?
So basically, all but Ultimate Snake and Ultimate Elder and Ultimate Shaman have a stuck hip joints on either left or right on every copy, nearly every single review and all the ones I purchased. So I would stick with Snake, Elder and Shaman if you get any, i bought two elders and no issues, same with snake and shaman.

Damn, that sucks ass. I was wanting to get Warrior. Oh well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed