[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 133,515 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 21, 2022, 07:22:38 AMand look at the mandibles and the hand replacement shot, some of it is obviously influenced by a "this does not look that great" reaction assuredly.

Turns out the practical hands were always placeholder.

From the Stan Winston Studio article:

QuoteWhen we do a finger cup with an extension, we lose the last joint. People notice that. So that was always a plan, we're gonna do a digital hand."

PAS Spinelli

The scene with the ash and the CG hand is the best CG in the movie imo, could barely tell it was CG, only after someone pointed it out it became obvious, and even then it was still hard to notice it

Master

If only we were lucky :'(

SiL

SiL

I like that that's still a drastic redesign while being immediately recognisable as a Predator. Keep the red tones, mask, and thin dreads from the movie, they were fine, but those forms and the eyes look like a Predator.

Master

It is redesign done right, insted of what was done in the movie. It's  was simple chenge of the desing more akin to what was done with Superpredators.

Local Trouble

That actually looks good, unlike the potato we got in the movie.

Sabres21768

Everyone says that ONLY because of what we did get.
If this had been the original design, people would have been crying about how different it is from the original Jungle Hunter.
Fans are never happy.

SiL

SiL

People would also be unhappy with a 1:1 recreation of Jungle Hunter

Immortan Jonesy

At least the original design returned in Predators. I still hope the same thing happens with Alien....

Edit: In movie form I say 👉👈

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Master on Feb 06, 2023, 08:23:24 PMhttps://i.imgur.com/UqWj2bu.jpeg

Replace the usual JH color pallet with Feral's current color scheme and then we have something going on.

Master Chief

The Shuriken

The image isn't showing up for me. Can someone repost it?

Marauder

This is awesome. Really interesting to see what could have been. Proof that there's a way of doing different looking predators from other parts of their world/other worlds whilst retaining that iconography.

Have to say that, although I didn't like Feral's face at first, I'm quite indifferent to it now (though, as a huge fan, indifference is a disappointing reaction to have I suppose ;D ).

Samhain13

Corporal Hicks

Again, I stand by the masked design as one of my favourite of the franchise. But yeah, I really wish this would have been the look once the mask came off. It's so recognizably the Predator without looking too far removed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed