Anyone completed isolation more than once or on nightmare

Started by polaris1924, Feb 11, 2015, 05:39:47 PM

Author
Anyone completed isolation more than once or on nightmare (Read 7,195 times)

Corporal Hicks

I like to binge play to get the most out of the experience but I don't have a great deal of spare time unfortunately. I've done it twice. Once on normal and once on hard.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 05, 2016, 08:25:43 AM
I like to binge play to get the most out of the experience but I don't have a great deal of spare time unfortunately. I've done it twice. Once on normal and once on hard.

Same, I've only managed the one, laborious playthrough (I tried to wring everything out of it that I could, since I knew I wouldn't get a lot of opportunities to just immerse myself later on.)

Corporal Hicks

I definitely feel like it's a game you get the most out of by just putting aside a load of time and just immersing yourself into the world. Lights off, headphones on.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 05, 2016, 01:39:34 PM
I definitely feel like it's a game you get the most out of by just putting aside a load of time and just immersing yourself into the world. Lights off, headphones on.

I agree. You should convince my fiancee  :laugh:

Xenomania

Yep, even when you've completed the game multiple times and know it almost inside out, the setting is so atmospheric that I don't mind going through it again.

Of course, nothing can beat that first time - when I first got the game I selected Nightmare, but the Medical part was so intense that I restarted on Hard.  :o

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 05, 2016, 01:52:12 PM

I agree. You should convince my fiancee  :laugh:

I'll have words!

Quote from: Xenomania on Jul 05, 2016, 04:43:17 PM
Yep, even when you've completed the game multiple times and know it almost inside out, the setting is so atmospheric that I don't mind going through it again.

Too right! I feel like another replay might be in order! Still need to finish getting the collectables.

TheBATMAN

Don't suppose Creative Assembly have commented about Isolation potentially becoming compatible with PS VR?

Corporal Hicks

I don't think they've spoken about the game for a while now. I doubt it'll see any additional support.

The Cruentus

Completed it on hard and either did complete it on nightmare or almost have, I haven't played it a long, long while. I do miss it but my console is packed away atm.
Definitely a game that needs to be played on hard or nightmare though, much more immersive.

SJTR5

it's really funny to see what it does on Novice sometimes, so I made the best of it.

chainsawsquirrel

I've done it on nightmare once, and i'm not sure I want to do it again, purely because the working joes are so damn annoying! They catch you, that's it. No fighting back, ur just dead. It proved to be a very tedious task when dealing with the orange ones while trying to overload the reactor.

When ever I replay the game, I just do it on hard mode. The first time I ever played through, I put it on medium because I wanted to get through all the story and discover all the new areas as quickly as possible, and from then on just played hard mode all the time.

Scorpio

I'm currently playing on Nightmare mode and I've found that:

-You get hit once, it's instant death (by Working Joe, hostile humans, etc)
-You can't use the map, so you have to know your way around
-The motion tracker does not work as well
-Hiding in a locker is useless, as the alien will find you every time

Otherwise, I've found it pretty on much on par with Hard mode.

NickisSmart

The thing about Nightmare is items become pretty key later in the game. Earlier on, you can get away with hiding mostly. Later on, it's multiple aliens, and some situations are just plain cheap in spots can actually force you to use items, which is fine. But if you use too much ammo or materials early on, it can hurt you, in the end of the game. And while there are caches throughout the game, materials and ammo are pretty friggin scarce on Nightmare. It just feels like one of the funner aspects of the game is less prominent on Nightmare precisely because you never want to use up any of your precious flares or crafting components if you don't have. Sometimes, it's just better to die, and redo a section over than to use a pipe bomb or a noisy box to save your life.

Scorpio

I just completed Nightmare, and you don't have to save materials/ammo, it just makes it easier if you do so.  Like trying to shoot facehuggers with just your revolver is pretty difficult.  But if you use your materials/ammo, you have to make it count (ie:  be extremely resourceful).  There is no good wasting anything on Nightmare mode.

The Alien is actually pretty easy to deal with once you know where to go and what you're doing (save points definitely help).

The Androids in the level with the reactors are a pain in the ####.  I had one bolt gun ammo, managed to take one down with that, another with the shotgun and another via molotov + pistol.  Took forever doing that part.

Mrcreosote

Only once !! And I can ride my bike with no hands !!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed