FoxNext Developing Alien Multiplayer Virtual Reality Game

Started by Darkness, May 19, 2017, 09:15:35 PM

Author
FoxNext Developing Alien Multiplayer Virtual Reality Game (Read 25,624 times)

Adam802

Cool, but im still waiting for cold iron studio's alien(s) game........

skull-splitter

Would play, but damn expensive.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 18, 2018, 09:48:17 PM
Is this supposed to be the video game developed by Cold Iron Studios that was announced 3 months ago, or is that still an entirely different project separate from this?

Completely different. This was first announced about a year ago.

Did a YouTube vid on the news yesterday too -

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 18, 2018, 10:28:52 PM
Would've really dug this when I was a kid, but I'm alittle old for this sort of thing now. It's always great to see stuff like this though. Any new Alien experience keeps the beast alive. I just hope we get another game with the quality of Isolation someday.

Never too old for fun, Huggs!

Also, the Alien: Descent IG page did state that plans for additional locations would be announced later.

Whiskeybrewer

Saw this thought F**k Yeah, then realised its only in one place I don't have the money to travel too lol. They should bring it to Alton Towers or Thorpe Park in the UK

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2018, 08:04:42 AM
Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 18, 2018, 09:48:17 PM
Is this supposed to be the video game developed by Cold Iron Studios that was announced 3 months ago, or is that still an entirely different project separate from this?

Completely different. This was first announced about a year ago.

Did a YouTube vid on the news yesterday too -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhzzSDXT4-s

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 18, 2018, 10:28:52 PM
Would've really dug this when I was a kid, but I'm alittle old for this sort of thing now. It's always great to see stuff like this though. Any new Alien experience keeps the beast alive. I just hope we get another game with the quality of Isolation someday.

Never too old for fun, Huggs!

Also, the Alien: Descent IG page did state that plans for additional locations would be announced later.

Oh the heck with it. You're right. Somebody cover me! I'm goin' in!  :D

Corporal Hicks

Good man! When you booked in for? I'm so fecking jealous I've gotta wait (might not get to) to experience this!

K

Having played the Star Wars VR Secrets of the Empire, I can say that I'm greatly looking forward to this.

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2018, 07:22:30 AM
Good man! When you booked in for? I'm so fecking jealous I've gotta wait (might not get to) to experience this!

That was sarcasm Hicks.  :D If it ever comes anywhere near me I'll dang sure try to give it a go. But right now, I'm no where near this thing.

Xiggz456

I'm literally traveling to this area for a wedding in August but it looks like it'll only be up through May. Here's to hoping a location pops up around my hometown! Did anyone play the neomorph VR game that came out last year? And if so how was it?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 20, 2018, 10:08:38 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2018, 07:22:30 AM

That was sarcasm Hicks.  :D If it ever comes anywhere near me I'll dang sure try to give it a go. But right now, I'm no where near this thing.

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 21, 2018, 05:00:36 PM
I'm literally traveling to this area for a wedding in August but it looks like it'll only be up through May. Here's to hoping a location pops up around my hometown! 

I think it's actually sticking around for a little bit. I don't believe it's a pop-up.

Darkness

A few reviews of the experience:

https://uploadvr.com/alien-descent-hands-on/
https://geekculture.co/geek-review-alien-descent-vr-experience/

Our hands-on: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/04/29/hands-on-with-alien-descent-alien-vr-experience/

The positives are that is a great experience overall, maybe one of the best there is when it comes to haptic feedback. Downsides is that it is using Gear VR which is pretty poor graphics-wise. Despite that, it is still a fun experience.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

I think it's interesting that Gabriel Hardman's comic is set at colony Trono LV-871and this VR experience is LV-178. Is it a coincidence that the numbers are the same, but reversed? 🤔

Denton Smalls

The new pulse rifle looks cool. Reminds me of the com rifles the marines used in the Rage War books.

VegettoXTSY

VegettoXTSY

My son and I went this morning and had a blast. Only found 2 things slightly disappointing.

1. The pulse rifles shoot in small bursts. We think it would have been more fun if it was fully automatic.

2. We both thought it would end with you squaring off against the queen in the hive which is what we saved our grenades for. 

That being said it was still a blast!  Graphics could have been better but it was still a great experience.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: muthur9000 on Apr 29, 2018, 08:35:39 PM
I think it's interesting that Gabriel Hardman's comic is set at colony Trono LV-871and this VR experience is LV-178. Is it a coincidence that the numbers are the same, but reversed? 🤔

178 is where Out of the Shadows and Sea of Sorrows takes place iirc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed