Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 96,543 times)

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 04, 2019, 09:18:15 PM
So was this a joke on us or a major joke averted?

It was a mortar round that just missed our collective face.

OWLF

OWLF

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 04, 2019, 10:12:31 AM
Here's a question I have about the opening space jump... was that just a jump through space, point A to point B kind of deal or did the ship also jump through time? I mean in trying to figure out the reasoning behind the Ripley and Newt alternative endings... they could have intended for the Predator to be a dimensional race. Which would have been an upgrade. :)
Interesting point. For all we know it could have been a jump through time with the Fugitive Predator traveling back in time with Ripley/Newt in tow and being hunted by a "Future" Upgrade Predator. Predators are know to appear through out different times in history. But I think this must be somehow connected to Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 storyline where Ripley and Newt become very relevant to the Predator race for them to steal them from Weyland-Yutani in their pods. Interestingly enough the pod number is 3, meaning the other ending was with Hicks?

Huggs

I'd wager they did this in the spur of the moment. It is highly doubtful there was any legitimate reason for this other than shock value or to try and give the storyline some hope for a future. This was just the last scream of a drowning narrative. There was no plan. We can only take what they threw on the floor, and make our own thing out of it.

Vermillion

Why is Newt dressed like AOTC Padme?

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 04, 2019, 10:24:54 PM
Why is Newt dressed like AOTC Padme?

That's who she reminded me of. Couldn't put my finger on it till now.

Billiken

The Predator killer suit would be better in an alien v Predator crossover and call it the alien killer. ie and the human who teams up with the Predator wears it and they go on their merry way killing aliens. Why would a Predator design something to kill his own kind. never made much sense to me

XenoHunter99

Whatever they were thinking, it was never gonna work.

Naginata

If you'd have told me a couple months ago that Iron Predator was the least ridiculous of the filmed endings...  :P

acrediblesource

So will these cuts be released on a special edition coming soon ?? and when is soon?

I'd like to make my own cut of the film, and I'm hoping they polished it to a point of viewable. The Iron Predator looks terrible. Anatomically and proportionally atrocious. Looked like those horribly crafted  models from the first Injustice  game. Bleh!!!

KiramidHead

Did anyone save the images before they went down?

acrediblesource

KiramidHead: I think the posts on instagram went down. The images in the post in this article on avpgalaxy still display them. If i'm not mistaken there are three images of Newt from the video shoot

KiramidHead

Gotcha, when I checked the articles before the pics were all in embedded instagram posts.

Diamondback Predator

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 05, 2019, 02:05:19 AM
So will these cuts be released on a special edition coming soon ?? and when is soon?

I'd like to make my own cut of the film, and I'm hoping they polished it to a point of viewable. The Iron Predator looks terrible. Anatomically and proportionally atrocious. Looked like those horribly crafted  models from the first Injustice  game. Bleh!!!

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if there is any version released yet with an alternate ending? Thanks for your time

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Diamondback Predator on Jan 05, 2019, 03:36:14 AM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 05, 2019, 02:05:19 AM

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if there is any version released yet with an alternate ending? Thanks for your time

No, nothing released, nothing announced so far.

Eldritch_DM

Wait. Which images went down, the Newt ending? or the Ripley one? For a moment, when I logged in, I thought there was SURPRISE ANOTHER TWIST ENDING! lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed