Survios Bringing New Aliens Game To PC, Consoles & VR!

Started by Darkness, Jul 14, 2022, 03:24:05 PM

Author
Survios Bringing New Aliens Game To PC, Consoles & VR! (Read 19,510 times)

Darkness

A new Aliens game is coming to PC, consoles and virtual reality from VR developer Survios. It’s set in the Aliens universe and is a single-player action-horror adventure game.

Survios have a provided a piece of artwork which you can see below. The title of the game is unknown but more information will be revealed at the San Diego Comic-Con next week. There will be a panel at Comic-Con called Alien: Expanding a Dark and Frightening Universe which takes place Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 2PM-3PM.

The panel will explore the Alien franchise as seen through the development of new fiction, comics, and games. Speakers include Steve Saffel (Alien fiction editor, Titan Books), Violet Castro (author, Aliens Vasquez), Clara Carija (author, Alien: Inferno’s Fall), and Andrew Gaska (writer, Alien: The Roleplaying Game).

Survios Bringing New Aliens Game To PC, Consoles & VR!

Suvios’s New Aliens Game.

From the website, it says the new Aliens title will be built using Unreal Engine 5. Survios has worked on a number of big entertainment properties including Creed, The Walking Dead and Westworld.

TQ Jefferson, Chief Product Officer at Survios said in the press release:

When I joined Survios in 2020, it was to build bigger, more ambitious games, using the best entertainment franchises across console, PC, and VR platforms. Aliens is a distinct and terrifying world that fans love to be entrenched in, and it is perfect for Survios' proven expertise in creating immersive gaming experiences.

Luigi Priore, VP of Disney, Pixar and 20th Century Games also said:

The vast universe of Alien is full of untold stories, and opportunities to create gripping original games. We're thrilled to work with a team like Survios who shares our passion for Alien, and for immersing fans into new worlds and experiences.

Make sure to keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest intel on Aliens games! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

Oh, shit! Another game?! And I've been saying we need a game built from the ground-up for VR (assuming that's what this ends up being.)

Adam802

Urgh please don't be another cheap POS

Darkness

Yeah, when they say PC and consoles, I wonder if they mean Oculus Rift and Playstation VR. Looking at their history, the only non-VR game they did release is 2021's Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions.

Kailem

Oh wow, this sure came out of nowhere!

I've not heard of this developer, but yeah the mention of VR is also making me think it'll be PSVR thing on consoles. You know Sony is going to want to push that again with these next-gen systems being capable of higher framerates than the original PS4 VR system was capable of.

Either way it's pretty cool......though I do rather wish we'd get an announcement about a new Predator (or AVP) game to go along with these new Alien games we now know are on the horizon too....  :(

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

HOW EXCITING!!!! Been needing some new alien games to play! If they can capture the atmosphere and tension of Alien Isolation then throw in all the drama, action and excitement of Aliens then this game has some serious potential to be awesome!!

razeak

Both Creed games were good. Westworld was.....okay. they nailed the atmosphere, but early VR issues in control etc.

GreybackElder

Oh shit! Is this different than the RTS like game that was announced earlier this summer???? Wow. Give me first person Aliens game with survival horror like Dead Space and I'm there!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 14, 2022, 03:36:23 PMYeah, when they say PC and consoles, I wonder if they mean Oculus Rift and Playstation VR. Looking at their history, the only non-VR game they did release is 2021's Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions.

This is my main concern.

Engineer

I don't know what their source is, but this article says the game takes place between Alien and Aliens (nooooooo! That era is already over crowded with stories)

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/new-single-player-aliens-game-is-in-works

[cancerblack]

judge death

Their previous games havent been good and pretty mediocer games and focusing a lot on VR, I have no high hopes for this especielly if its VR focused, too much a gimmik for me sorry.

Engineer

Shit.
I found their source.
It's from Survios directly... this *did* sound really promising, but now it's going to be a hard sell for me... oh well. Maybe they'll win me over; after all, Alien Isolation was a "hard sell" too and they won me over...

https://survios.com/Aliens/

[cancerblack]

I simply have no interest in VR.

*shrugs*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed