Alien - Inferno's Fall

Started by felix, Nov 27, 2021, 01:10:15 PM

Author
Alien - Inferno's Fall (Read 60,347 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 30, 2021, 09:18:55 AM
I just wished they'd have tied it into the franchise more with them being some sort of transmission from the Engineers or some other alien species that had come in contact with the Aliens.

My problems weren't about it not including the Aliens - it could have been tied in more effectively with the other alien aspects of the franchise. But it was just a meh book for me. The cult, as interesting as they were, weren't particularly effect in their attempts. Walter was barely in it. The rest of the crew was barely in it. It didn't quite fit with the film, or the promotional material. And we all wanted David and Shaw on Paradise anyway.

Oh, I meant "not a franchise tie-in at all and just be an original one off story in its own world" would have been a better use of the bones of that novel. Feels like it'd have been a decent if forgettable novel without the Alien stuff crammed in, but as is, it's a "meh" result.

Engineer

Engineer

The Alien is related to the Pathogen, the Pathogen is related to the Engineers in some fashion or another. It's all still connected within the same story.

Thank you Hicks!! This was what I was trying to say; you just articulated it far better than I did lol

SiL

SiL

Voodoo and I finally found the thing we're in perfect agreement on :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

That might be beginning of a beautiful friendship

Anonymous

Anonymous

You want Aliens? I'll give you f**king Aliens.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Anonymous on Dec 03, 2021, 09:39:15 PM

Ridley? That you? Thanks for stopping by, I've been enjoying your The Last Duel/House of Gucci press tour! :D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 04, 2021, 01:44:19 PM

Ridley? That you? Thanks for stopping by, I've been enjoying your The Last Duel/House of Gucci press tour! :D

Ridley told me to tell you "Sir, f*** you, f*** you, thank you, f*** you, go f*** yourself, sorry go on"  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 04, 2021, 02:45:55 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 04, 2021, 01:44:19 PM

Ridley told me to tell you "Sir, f*** you, f*** you, thank you, f*** you, go f*** yourself, sorry go on"  :laugh:

Thank you, Sir! Very much appreciated!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

VeteranSergeant

VeteranSergeant

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 30, 2021, 01:57:31 PM
For me, the goo gets a boo.

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 30, 2021, 02:20:30 PM
But Goo is so unpredictable

Macguffins usually are.

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 28, 2021, 09:37:04 PM
Also, probably the biggest fan of Covenant out there (ranks it as her number 1 Alien movie)

Oh my.

felix

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Kinda funky but I like it, reminds me of this, early 2000s.

Miguel

Miguel

I didn't expect that cover. Like it! :D

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Higher resolution. I think this is fantastic, probably the best looking cover art we've received from Titan's time with Alien. Finally an illustrated cover! Reminds me of the old Bantam stuff. More of this please!

Kradan

Kradan

f**k yeah, Titan, that's the way to go ! Hopefully they have big faith in that book if they go out of their way with such cover

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 05, 2022, 11:23:42 AM
I think this is fantastic, probably the best looking cover art we've received from Titan's time with Alien

I don't understand where "probably" part comes from. Into Charybdis and Infiltrator may had a decent enough covers but this blew both of them right out of f**king water

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed