Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 393,101 times)

The Kurgan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 02, 2020, 09:41:38 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 29, 2020, 07:48:08 AM
If you want some pose variation you could also take the alternate warriors and sculp some domes on them if you got a hand for stuff like this.

They are also basically prodos version of Jimbo's warriors, add a dome and it's as close as it gets with prodos I think.

To satisfy FI you'd need to add the dome, change the elbows, add more thumbs and trim the tail sail, i'm sure.
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 03, 2020, 03:50:37 AM
Oh, and fix the feet. Also, the pink infants have the rez/avp style flat cranial rear.

t. painted 25 of them.

True, true. Sail trimming is a must anyway  ;D

Have you tried yourself on a OG Giger Alien conversion?

The Old One

The Old One

I like them but not enough, thank you, regardless though.

razeak

I wonder if the Prodos figures from the Russian Federation on ebay are legit. If they are knockoffs I wonder what kind of quality they are. I might experiment lol. The prices aren't too bad.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: razeak on Mar 12, 2020, 02:31:40 PM
I wonder if the Prodos figures from the Russian Federation on ebay are legit. If they are knockoffs I wonder what kind of quality they are. I might experiment lol. The prices aren't too bad.

Any miniature from russia or china is a knockoff. Quality is usually pretty good, recasting isn't exactly complex.

But for gods sake wear a mask/eye protection when sanding them. Inhaling cheap resin particulate is no joke.

Thunderjack88

Quote from: razeak on Mar 12, 2020, 02:31:40 PM

Buy a test model. I work for a FLHS and as we do second hand trades we have come across alot of recasts. Some are almost perfect replic6paint them and no one will know where as others end up with casting pockets or where the model is thin (Prodos avp range has alot of these designs) bad casting ruining areas of the model.

[cancerblack] is right be careful if you sand anything down that resin can be very dangerous as its super fine and affects can be long term.

-TJ88

The Replacement

Hey Folks. I've been busy on ebay getting as much AvP:THB minis and the board game. Just got myself an extra set of tiles for bigger games. Anyway, I am really interested to start playing AvP Unleashed, thing is, I can't get my hands on the templates needed. I know it's probably pretty easy to play without them, but I'd still like to get them, or failing that I could 3D print them. Anyone got any info? Thanks.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Replacement on Apr 06, 2020, 08:50:25 AM
Hey Folks. I've been busy on ebay getting as much AvP:THB minis and the board game. Just got myself an extra set of tiles for bigger games. Anyway, I am really interested to start playing AvP Unleashed, thing is, I can't get my hands on the templates needed. I know it's probably pretty easy to play without them, but I'd still like to get them, or failing that I could 3D print them. Anyone got any info? Thanks.

They stopped making the Warzone templates when that game folded, Unleashed uses the same ones. No idea about 3D printing but the rulebook contains a page you can copy and cut out for templates. Not ideal, but...

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Kurgan on Mar 03, 2020, 11:12:13 AM

Have you tried yourself on a OG Giger Alien conversion?

Not yet, but it's what my Evolved Warriors for Unleashed will be.

razeak

I clicked on the original kickstarter link and saw this message:

"Alien vs Predator The Miniatures Game is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable."

How long has that been up?

[cancerblack]

Since about two weeks into the post-KS stage, from memory. It was a technical issue relating to KS rather than Prodos or Fox.

The Replacement

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 06, 2020, 10:50:34 PM
Quote from: The Replacement on Apr 06, 2020, 08:50:25 AM
This would have been great, but it seems the digital version of the rulebook doesn't contain the templates. Oh well.

They stopped making the Warzone templates when that game folded, Unleashed uses the same ones. No idea about 3D printing but the rulebook contains a page you can copy and cut out for templates. Not ideal, but...

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 16, 2020, 06:01:57 PM
Since about two weeks into the post-KS stage, from memory. It was a technical issue relating to KS rather than Prodos or Fox.
If I remember right, Prodos put the kickstarter up before actually finalizing the licensing on the tabletop game, someone at Fox's legal department saw it and jumped the gun before checking with Licensing to see what was going on, and got it pulled from Kickstarter.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 19, 2020, 10:52:24 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 16, 2020, 06:01:57 PM
If I remember right, Prodos put the kickstarter up before actually finalizing the licensing on the tabletop game, someone at Fox's legal department saw it and jumped the gun before checking with Licensing to see what was going on, and got it pulled from Kickstarter.

It may well have been something like that, but I explicitly remember that the notice/takedown was due to KS having a black and white policy and when "copyright" was involved, the hammer came down, even though the complainant wanted the project to be hidden temporarily, not taken off. The complainant may have even been someone from Prodos who got an angry email or phonecall and tried to fix things, making them worse in the process.

[cancerblack]

I'm going to be doing some poorly photographed and purple prosed battle reports for THB soon, holla if you'd like to see them here.

Corporal Hicks

Always, CB, always.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed