The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 234,014 times)

Ultramorph

Over on Facebook, in the comments on Lebbon's post, someone asked about the changes, and his response was:
QuoteOnly a little, luckily.

So it seems like Alien 5 doesn't cause too many problems for the post-Resurrection period.

predxeno

Has the script for Alien 5 even been written?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 10, 2015, 07:58:54 PM
If Rage War can be reworked to also take account of Blomkamp's new film, that would seem to indicate that the film won't be ignoring A3 and Resurrection.

I was kind of hoping it would really.. Kind of hoping it would ignore Alien 3 and Resurrection, though not cause I think those two movies should be retconned. Mmm..  :-\

Ultramorph

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 10, 2015, 11:04:53 PM
Has the script for Alien 5 even been written?

I don't think so, but my guess is that the basic plot is already in place. They wouldn't ask Lebbon to make changes if they didn't have some concrete idea of what will happen in Blomkamp's film.

Vrastal

the entire universe was dropped into a puddle of mud it feels like, wheats canon whats not whats retconned whats staying..

Ultramorph

It will all become clear soon enough, I think. The W-Y Report will come out, and Rage War will come out, and it will be clear what's canon and what's not. I do agree, though, that a lot feels like it's up in the air.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 11, 2015, 01:39:05 AM
It will all become clear soon enough, I think. The W-Y Report will come out, and Rage War will come out, and it will be clear what's canon and what's not. I do agree, though, that a lot feels like it's up in the air.

I can't say I am excited for that. I really can't.. It sort of feels like the AvP Universe I grew up with was wiped clean and replaced with the Prometheus universe.  :-[

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 10, 2015, 10:36:44 PM
Over on Facebook, in the comments on Lebbon's post, someone asked about the changes, and his response was:
QuoteOnly a little, luckily.

So it seems like Alien 5 doesn't cause too many problems for the post-Resurrection period.

Twas me.  :)

Nightmare Asylum

Could simply be that, even if Blomkamp intends to overwrite A3 and A:R, Fox doesn't want anything in this book (despite it taking place post-A:R and in the original continuity) to contradict anything in regards to the style of Blomkamp's film, the abilities of his Aliens, etc. It'd be bad marketing to put out a novel, even if it's story has no bearing on the upcoming film, that conflicts with it thematically.

predxeno

That makes sense, and it seems the changes were VERY little.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 12, 2015, 05:27:11 AM
That makes sense, and it seems the changes were VERY little.

Exactly what makes sense?

predxeno

What Nightmare Asylum said.

happypred

Watched Chappie...a little bit concerned with what Blomkamp is going to do with the Aliens franchise

felix

Amazon Synopsis is up.
http://www.amazon.com/Predator-Incursion-Rage-War-1/dp/1783296240/ref=sr_1_4_twi_2_mas?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1427618587&sr=1-4&keywords=predator

QuoteThe first in an epic trilogy crossing between Predator, Alien, and AVP! When huge Predator spacecraft begin entering human space in alarming numbers, the Colonial Marines assume an invasion and launch a full military response. Then they learn that the Predators are fleeing an invading force--an army of Xenomorphs! Someone has learned how to weaponize the Aliens, and their trajectory through Predator space has placed them on a path to Earth.Beginning an epic three-book space war that will include:Predator: Incursion; Alien: Invasion; Alien vs. Predator: Armageddon

RakaiThwei

QuoteThe first in an epic trilogy crossing between Predator, Alien, and AVP! When huge Predator spacecraft begin entering human space in alarming numbers, the Colonial Marines assume an invasion and launch a full military response. Then they learn that the Predators are fleeing an invading force--an army of Xenomorphs! Someone has learned how to weaponize the Aliens, and their trajectory through Predator space has placed them on a path to Earth.Beginning an epic three-book space war that will include:Predator: Incursion; Alien: Invasion; Alien vs. Predator: Armageddon

Interesting...?

Though why would Predators flee from the Xenomorph? It's... kind of not like them, especially when in amassed numbers to flee from such prey.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed