The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 234,134 times)

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't be surprise if something popped up if appropriate but I wouldn't want them to go out their way for it. They were happy to accommodate it for River of Pain.

predxeno

I don't really need the F&S series shoehorned in, but I doubt the Rage Trilogy will ever ignore F&S considering that River of Pain (its predecessor) has already acknowledged it repeatedly.

Ultramorph

My biggest hope for Rage War is that we finally meet an Arcturian.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 03, 2015, 01:10:55 AM
My biggest hope for Rage War is that we finally meet an Arcturian.
Bonus points if they use Arcturians as depicted in the Leading Edge 'Aliens' RPG.

predxeno

Xenomrph

Shit, one of the recent novels cribbed from Newt's Tale, of all things. I wouldn't be at all surprised if other esoteric EU sources started getting nods. 'Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure', anyone?

happypred

Just a bit concerned as Titan and Dark Horse are unrelated.

It would be a bit frustrating if Titan's AvP and Dark Horse's AvP ignore each other (or worse...contradict each other). I'm hoping that Fox has demanded some consistency between the two.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 03, 2015, 01:10:55 AMMy biggest hope for Rage War is that we finally meet an Arcturian.

Again, according to the author of Sea of Sorrows, there are "plans" for the Arcturians.

Ultramorph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 03, 2015, 08:52:20 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 03, 2015, 01:10:55 AMMy biggest hope for Rage War is that we finally meet an Arcturian.

Again, according to the author of Sea of Sorrows, there are "plans" for the Arcturians.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Lebbon has in store. The subtitles of the books (Incursion, Invasion, Armageddon) makes me wonder if they're doing an Earth War type story.

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 03, 2015, 05:05:15 PMThe subtitles of the books (Incursion, Invasion, Armageddon) makes me wonder if they're doing an Earth War type story.

I sincerely hope not

Corporal Hicks

From Tim Lebbon's Facebook:

QuoteFour days off training and I'm climbing the walls! Time for a quick bike ride later, methinks. But first ... edits to PREDATOR: INCURSION. It's the first novel of an alien & predator trilogy called THE RAGE WAR that I'm writing for Titan, and the announcement of the new Blomkamp alien movie has made things interesting!

HuDaFuK

Huh. Very interesting!

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2015, 12:14:28 PM
Quote...and the announcement of the new Blomkamp alien movie has made things interesting!

This fills me with dread...

I'm afraid of massive delay (or worse...cancellation)

Ultramorph

QuoteFour days off training and I'm climbing the walls! Time for a quick bike ride later, methinks. But first ... edits to PREDATOR: INCURSION. It's the first novel of an alien & predator trilogy called THE RAGE WAR that I'm writing for Titan, and the announcement of the new Blomkamp alien movie has made things interesting!

Couple that with Randy Stradley's comments on the new series in development over at Dark Horse...
Quote@Randy_Stradley: @MertaNick @DarkHorseComics We're working on the next wave. The newly announced Neil Nlonkamp film caused a restart.

Rage War is set post-Sea of Sorrows, which is set after Resurrection. If Rage War can be reworked to also take account of Blomkamp's new film, that would seem to indicate that the film won't be ignoring A3 and Resurrection. Either way, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this all develops.

I wonder of the delays on the Weyland-Yutani report are also due to Blomkamp's film.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 10, 2015, 07:58:54 PMI wonder of the delays on the Weyland-Yutani report are also due to Blomkamp's film.

I wouldn't have thought so. It's already out in some countries, and the delay began way before Blomkamp ever started talking about a fifth film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed