Sigourney Weaver on AvP

Started by Darkness, Aug 03, 2004, 04:06:30 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver on AvP (Read 14,853 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Here we go again. Over at IGN FilmForce, Sigourney Weaver had a chat about Alien vs Predator and who she’d like to win between the two creatures.

“I hope Alien beats Predator, because I don’t want to see the Alien get thumped even in a digital Whatever It Is.” She doubts she will rush to see Alien vs. Predator when it opens. She also admits she was fine with the fact that Twentieth Century Fox didn’t pursue her to appear in the film.

“The whole reason I died in the end of three was that I really didn’t want anything to do with it, I just didn’t get the point of, after three good movies, making a kind of videogame movie. And I still don’t, except that obviously Fox stands to profit mightily from it and I hope they do.”

Three good movies, did she say? As for Alien 5, she keeps saying the same thing: “I don’t think I have time to do another one.” What else is she doing? I also tried to find a more capturing picture of her (as seen above) but I saw a clip of her latest film, The Village, at the weekend and I have no idea how someone like her can be in a future Alien 5 film.

Thanks to AvPWorld for the news.

Grifth

Grifth

bla bla i said it once and here it goes again i hope avp will make her eat her words down HARD!

Hudson

Hudson

dont blame her! she is a talented actress and the avp movie is really a videogame movie like freddy vs jason!

-=Daishi=-

-=Daishi=-

she's too old now anyway..

flonge

flonge

We don't want her anymore, she's done her job well. Now it's time for the new generation.  She don't believe in this AVP stuff because she's always been greedy , if she would be in AVP she would have to be in 90% of the shots, we don't want that anyway...  Sigourney Weaver: F*** YOU VERY MUCH, now SODD off!!!

Harry Turner

Harry Turner

What makes me LOL is that this a a Alien website  (predator also) and you slag the main character off! give me a break! you guys are like a big fan base for both, and you say this about her? why do you like alien films then? also i think ripley is the best sci fi character out there, and as for the actress, she is great, just watch gorrilas in the mist. and id prefer to see an Alien 5 any day than a AVP film! its a shame, thats the end of both franchises after this film :(

Biz

Biz

Although great in Alien and Aliens, she IS the reason the franchise fell apart. Her high wage demands and severe dislike of guns and weapons spawned Alien 3. Her old age and plummeting career threw up Resurrection.  Finally the Aliens can be the star.

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

RIPLEY dont flatter yourself who ever siad that that you where going to be in the movie,your damm right your not angry why they didnt put you in AVP, listen UP kitties! AVP is the future not alien 5 or predator 3 i really dont want to see these movies,i think thats pointless,i mean comeon! what are they going to show in alien 5 or predator 3 that we have not see already? i know aliens on earth fighting? and guess what AVP took care of that idea! AVP 2 or 3 that what im talking about,thats what i want to see,and thats what will make more money in my case. Anyone that doesnt want to see AVP or be it or work on it,your a stupid ass-h--e! sigourney i have lost all respect for you after those comments,and also my fav james camron thinks that the idea of AVP is stupid,all i got to say to james camron is that your just mad that someone else thought of the idea before you did and took the project and will do a really good job on it.Im sorry but from the looks of AVP it looks better and bigger than all the predator and alien films put together! suck it up JAMES and sigourney your in on it and you wont ever work on this project! and dont be mad if alot of people like it and it makes more money than the past films that came out! SUCK IT UP! man i wish james camron and sigourney where reading this.

Variable

Variable

All we hear from her is negative. She doesnt even call the Predator by name. "I dont have time for A5," what the hell is that? I respect what she did for the alien movies but now it more annoying than anything.    HOOYAH! WAHOOO! YEA MOTHER F******!

Jonesy

Jonesy

Maybe she doesn't like that an 'Alien movie' has been dumbed down to a PG-13 kiddie flick too. I'll bet if you'd ask her, thats what she'd say. 'Ripley' wouldn't have anything to do with an 'Alien movie' made for 13 year olds.

-=Daishi=-

-=Daishi=-

who cares.. she made 3 good alien films..nuff said..we don't need her anymore..

Nik

Nik

i rather have Sigourney play lex ensted of Sanaa Lathan

-=Daishi=-

-=Daishi=-

dude,that doesnt make sence..she wasnt even born then technically...

G-Dog

G-Dog

She thinks the movie (AVP) isn't going to be any good without her............. think again biotch! and Harry Turner, got to say I disagree with you and you're full of shit to think that the franchises are going to go down because of this movie. Remember me when Alien 5 and Pred 3 or AVP 2 start being made. As for Sigourney, sure she can be a great (?) actress but to think that we watch the alien franchises because of her, again, you're full of shit. We watch, or at least me, watch the alien movies for the alien kicking ass before they put it down. Same for the Predator franchise, I want to see the pred up on the screen, could give a rats' ass about Danny Glover, although a good actor aswell. (Other movies). And SENTINEL, by your statements regarding  Alien 5 and Pred 3, saying that we seen the same thing before, would you want to see an AVP 2??? If so, why? Haven't you seen the same thing in the first AVP?? (think about that).......

MoBiUG

MoBiUG

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I hate their supposed ownership of the characters. That's Weaver, Cameron and Scott. They didn't create the creatures. They didn't creature either universe. It's not theirs. It's certainly not Weavers. She says 3 good films... and she doesn't like the AvP idea. Question - If Alien4 was so bad why did you take it? Surely the script was no better than the film, the basic story arch would have been the same.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed