Randy Pitchford - Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Was "A Huge Waste of Time"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2015, 10:55:48 AM

Author
Randy Pitchford - Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Was "A Huge Waste of Time" (Read 64,703 times)

Corporal Hicks

Speaking for the first time about the subject since Gearbox was dropped from the Aliens: Colonial Marines lawsuit to Games Industry.biz, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford has said that the lawsuit against Gearbox for the false advertisement of Aliens: Colonial Marines was ” a huge waste of time” and that their standing up against the lawsuit was “all it took“:

“That whole thing was a huge waste of time. The market proved it was doing its job perfectly. The market is dispassionate – rewarding what it likes and punishing what it doesn’t. There is an objectivity and fairness in the open market’s harsh, firm justice.

For every place the market succeeded, the legal system failed as it was being manipulated by what appeared to me to be essentially mafia style extortion tactics. Sadly, the manipulation would have actually worked, as it had in other cases with those same guys and to the detriment of the industry and gamers and actual, you know, justice. But those guys made a mistake in naming us as defendants because we stood up to them That’s all it took – someone to stand up yo them. And so they lost since they didn’t have a legitimate case.”

100715_01 Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68

What do you guys and girls think of Randy Pitchford’s comments? Is he right? Thanks to Destructoid for the news.

alanwu1233

HuDaFuK

Your game was a total waste of time.

skull-splitter

Randy has it's head up it ass.

As for the lawsuit: wrong basis to procecute Gearbox on IMO.

Darkness

Not one shred of remorse. I don't get it. How can one person be so arrogant? If he actually owned up to it, it wouldn't be so bad. I guess we can take pleasure in the fact, publishers aren't exactly going to be lining up to hire them to develop games. That said, I will be looking forward to Borderlands 3.

Novak 1334

Randy Pitchford is the Donald Trump of computer games

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 10, 2015, 02:11:59 PM
Not one shred of remorse. I don't get it. How can one person be so arrogant? If he actually owned up to it, it wouldn't be so bad.

That's why I reckon he'd make a  great politician.

PRJ_since1990

I can't say I'm surprised folks. We all know the game was a flop on multiple levels. GBX knew it wasn't ready after all the time was lost due to scrapping the whole project and starting over midway with Timegate. It was a bad game by many standards. People don't sue video game publishers or developers because they made a pile of crap.

Ultimately, yes, it was insulting to us, the Alien fanbase, for how they handled a franchise we all hold near and dear in our hearts that we didn't want to see massacred anymore. The suit was more on principal and the "false ads" premise was their argument. I'm glad they stood up to make a point but I can't say I was really expected a multi-million dollar company to lose against some angry fans.

RakaiThwei

Randy should've kept his f**king mouth shut if he had integrity left.. which he clearly has none of.

Gridseeker

And that´s why I´ll never EVER buy a GBX game or product again!

MrSpaceJockey

Murfy426

I'm still shocked at this guy, I would hide myself from the public eye for the rest of my days for the disaster that was A:CM. But no he can just laugh about it and appear like nothing he did was wrong. Then well done Randy you turned a potential cashcow into a clusterf**k, your loss our lesson.

Hudson

He exploited my dedication to the franchise with that piss poor excuse for a video game.

Engineer

I hope he steps in a pile of dog shit first thing in the morning, everyday for the rest of his miserable life...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed