AVP2: Survival of the novel?

Started by innerchaos, Jan 18, 2007, 04:59:17 AM

Author
AVP2: Survival of the novel? (Read 4,722 times)

Snore

Snore

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Jan 26, 2007, 04:03:37 AM
thanks bullethead for the info, I thought it would be actually worth buying if a Pred survived. Seriously Fox who does a Pred have to kill just to survive a movie ? ;)

Probably the actual lead in a show of anti-climatic irony.

Extroheal

Extroheal

The AVP novelization does a good job of fixing many of the plot holes in the movie although I don't remember all of them. I do remember that Sebastian's theory about Antarctica being free of ice several thousand years ago is explained in detail. There are similar theories in real life which claim that the Egyptian pyramids were actually built about 12000 years ago. Sebastian never says "what are those" when looking at whale bones in a whaling station and the way to open the sarcophagus has nothing to do with the date but has something to do with the constellation Orion.

However, the novel introduces one really big plot hole that wasn't in the movie, which completely ruins it. In the movie, when the Queen calls, 6 aliens come to set her free. In the novel hundreds of aliens come, with no explanation of where they came from. I don't know how this ever got published without anyone noticing. Maybe it was this way in the original script.  :D :o ::)

SM

SM

It also amplifies the scripts mistakes.  There's constant referring to Bouvet as Bouvetoya Island and also talks about ther being 6 months of darkness at the south pole - which there isn't.  And there's never 24 hours of darkness on Bouvet.

You can see in the original novelisations that Alan Dean Foster tried to plug plot holes where he could, but Cerasini didn't really do any more research on his setting than Anderson it seems.

Predator82

Predator82

where can i get the novel  of avp?

Corporal Hicks

Try Ebay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed