Alien Haunts 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray on Alien Day 2019

Started by BonesawT101, Oct 14, 2017, 07:53:54 PM

Author
Alien Haunts 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray on Alien Day 2019 (Read 69,989 times)

Corporal Hicks

Looks like it is happening.

https://www.filmarena-eng.com/blu-ray-alien-4k-ultra-hd

Due for release next May.

Elmazalman

Will this be a single release or part of a new 4K box set?

The Old One

The Old One

Finally, they better do the whole set though or I'll be peeved, fix those A3 effects!

It'll likely be packaged with the current Blu-Ray.

Samus007

Woo finally! Can't wait to buy this.

Huggs

Good news, but I personally can't see it looking much better than the anthology bluray.

The Old One

The Old One

Aliens on Blu-ray is likely the best we're going to get judging from JC's track record,
it'll probably be exactly the same colour timing etc in 4K.
He could surprise us and release a wax sculpture mess with digital transformations.
(Judgment Day 4K)

A3 is anyone's guess, I'd want a new intermediate cut with fixed compositing.
(More on the side of the Assembly Cut, trim some of the fat.)
Keep AC opening, Ox, "Raise his servants to redemption." , Golic releasing the beast;
& remove the egg shot.
More complex than that obviously, but that's the basics of it.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 14, 2018, 08:31:06 PM
Aliens on Blu-ray is likely the best we're going to get judging from JC's track record,
He could surprise us and release a wax sculpture mess with digital transformations.
(Judgment Day 4K)

Keep AC opening, Ox, "Raise his servants to redemption." , Golic releasing the beast;
& remove the egg shot.

Perhaps one day they'll release a version of Alien 3 that gives viewers the ability to choose their preferred scenes from both versions and combine them into a viewer preferred cut.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2018, 09:14:35 AM
What else is special about 2019? It's none other than Alien's 40th Anniversary in May so all signs are pointing to Alien Day for its official 4K release. Other Alien 4K listings include Lenticular, 3D, Steelbook versions and an "Alien Maniacs" Collector's Box including all the different versions of it. You can see the various artwork below
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/alien4k.jpg

The image they're using on that cover is actually a crop from one of Alien: Isolation's promotional images:

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 14, 2018, 08:39:52 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Aug 14, 2018, 08:31:06 PM
(Judgment Day 4K)

& remove the egg shot.

Perhaps one day they'll release a version of Alien 3 that gives viewers the ability to choose their preferred scenes from both versions and combine them into a viewer preferred cut.

Or they could just get me on editing and you'd all get the best cut.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 14, 2018, 08:54:54 PM
What else is special about 2019? It's none other than Alien's 40th Anniversary in May so all signs are pointing to Alien Day for its official 4K release. Other Alien 4K listings include Lenticular, 3D, Steelbook versions and an "Alien Maniacs" Collector's Box including all the different versions of it. You can see the various artwork below

The image they're using on that cover is actually a crop from one of Alien: Isolation's promotional images:

#FakeQuotes

I didn't post the news. It certainly is, though.

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2018, 09:08:58 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 14, 2018, 08:54:54 PM

#FakeQuotes

Yeah, it kinda jumps out at you. I just thought it was a placeholder.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

#FakeQuotes

Ha, I was wondering why the grammar and spelling was so flawless!  :P

white vader

white vader

Oh I don't know (as to might not be beneficial), there's still room for improvement and there's never been an HDR grade before. I think it can definitely get even better.

For example as good as it was, there was still a bit of black crush (very important for a film like this) going on with the blu-ray version. Most people probably don't even remember HD VHS because it lasted all of five minutes, but being on tape it had less compression and there was more shadow information than the blu. I'm sure you can find it out there if you're interested.

I'm sure they did put in a lot of work but it suffered a touch in the final transfer or encode.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 14, 2018, 09:11:44 PM
Yeah, it kinda jumps out at you. I just thought it was a placeholder.

It might well be.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 14, 2018, 09:12:38 PM
#FakeQuotes

Ha, I was wondering why the grammar and spelling was so flawless!  :P

:P

Wonder what colours we'll be getting in the machine shop room with this restore? I still think Alien's Blu-ray transfer is phenomenal but I'm curious to see how much better it can get. Very tempted to upgrade everything to 4K soon.

D88M

My prayers have been answered!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed