Bird Box (Netflix movie)

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Oct 24, 2018, 11:28:52 PM

Author
Bird Box (Netflix movie) (Read 1,390 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The Sandra Bullock's new horror movie evokes memories of "A Quiet Place"; or the other way around (based on a 2014's book of the same name).

ace3g

ace3g

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Super excited for this. The talented Sandra Bullock in a cool high concept horror film, sign me up.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

I just finished this film and would recommend it. This story was actually a novel written before 'A Quiet Place' so not really fair to say it copies that story. Sandra Bullock delivers a fine performance along with a strong cast. It doesn't spend much time setting up the premise before it launches into the quick pace of high tension.

On a side note, the screenplay is from Eric Heisserer who wrote 'Arrival' 2016. I actually corresponded with Eric a few years back who assisted me with one of my enhanced script presentations for my website, sending me corrections, omissions, additions, fixes, etc. He was contracted to write the often lambasted 'The Thing' 2011 script. But studio execs being studio execs, brought in a "script doctor" to "hollywood-ize" it. My presentation on my site is actually Eric's original 2009 script. Once finished, he announced it on his Twitter feed.

Darkness

Darkness

Just watched it and enjoyed it a lot. A lot of it we have seen before with walking dead but it was creepy.

I've heard a lot of comparisons to A Quiet Place so I'll have to check that out.

Naissus

Naissus

It was ok.  Reminded me of a better version of The Happening.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Naissus on Dec 30, 2018, 01:43:25 PM

Pretty much this.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah cool movie. I prefered A Quiet Place though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 03:33:20 AM
Quote from: Naissus on Dec 30, 2018, 01:43:25 PM

Pretty much this.

Very much this. And better, but still forgettable imo.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 29, 2018, 10:10:09 PM
Just watched it and enjoyed it a lot. A lot of it we have seen before with walking dead but it was creepy.

I've heard a lot of comparisons to A Quiet Place so I'll have to check that out.

Quiet Place is very good. Very similar to this but it's better made. This felt like one of stephen kings half baked stories.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jan 02, 2019, 07:47:53 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Dec 29, 2018, 10:10:09 PM

Quiet Place is very good. Very similar to this but it's better made. This felt like one of stephen kings half baked stories.

Well said. If you liked "Birdbox" you will enjoy, even more, "A Quiet Place".

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, I watched A Quiet Place. It was good, the creatures were awesome and it kept me on the edge of my seat towards the end. I just thought the movie was too quiet with no talking. I don't really want to be reading subtitles. I get it had to be like that.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I found "A Quiet Place" entertaining, but overrated. Not bad, but not great (imo).

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'm glad this design never saw the light of the day  :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsIJco-lVAj/?utm_source=ig_embed

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Same

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed