Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 90,801 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: tralaritralara on Aug 10, 2021, 08:14:30 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Aug 09, 2021, 07:27:13 PMThe machine defeats one by literally colliding it with the planet. If we made a machine like that, it would sacrifice Earth.
Wasn't it via freezing actually?
No, they froze it to keep it from completing itself while they built the machine to defeat it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 10, 2021, 02:16:16 AM
That's beyond f**king ridiculous if so.

I tired of hearing about that mediocrity when it released as a pretty film nearly ten years ago, I don't see what's to remaster, other than the visuals... once again.

It isn't by the same studio, maybe they wanted to add more gameplay.  I thought it was a little strange myself just because the series isn't even a decade old, but I'd get it and see what's up just like I do with all these other remakes. 

I have a feeling that some of the studio want to see TLOU without the depressive second game.  So if they remake the second game very soon..........then I feel that it will all but be confirmed that some at ND weren't happy with the second games direction despite the early sales and critical acclaim. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Shouldn't someone remake Spec Ops: The Line by now?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 11, 2021, 02:33:21 AM
Shouldn't someone remake Spec Ops: The Line by now?
Yeah but they'll set it in space or something.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's not how making games works though Kimmy, they will always be stuck with what they actually have, the idea's an absolute pipe dream.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Not these days.  FF7R is not really a Remake but a sequel, so who knows wtf anybody is doing. 

I personally would rather them just continue the story.  I didn't have the beef that lots of people did with the second. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Difference being the original FF7 came out nearly twenty five years ago.

tralaritralara

tralaritralara

Not expecting much from this remake anyway. It is the Calisto Protocol that actually got my attention day one, first because it is from the original ds director, which with almost total certainty means no disappointment will be possible.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 12, 2021, 11:04:38 AM
Difference being the original FF7 came out nearly twenty five years ago.

True.

I just feel that they could get away with it with all these remakes that are different enough to not be exactly the same.  Basically a new media for a concept that's been done in comics since forever.  Especially since nd wasn't doing it. 

But anyways enough ot.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I'm pretty excited for Dead Space remake, but also worry because they can easily mess up and miss what made the original game good.

Samhain13

Samhain13

The original will always be there for us. I'm interested on having a version of it that Isaac will talk, I'm pretty sure I will prefer the original over it, but this can be fun regarless.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 22, 2021, 12:28:43 AM
The original will always be there for us. I'm interested on having a version of it that Isaac will talk, I'm pretty sure I will prefer the original over it, but this can be fun regarless.
I certainly agree, Also question can I make a thread about pictures of Necromorphs

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 22, 2021, 12:23:43 AM
I'm pretty excited for Dead Space remake, but also worry because they can easily mess up and miss what made the original game good.

Hopefully without the asteroid part.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 22, 2021, 03:38:15 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 22, 2021, 12:23:43 AM

I agree that was some of the most unnecessary difficult

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 22, 2021, 03:38:15 AM
I just hope we get to relive the kind of existential dread the end of the first game created when you get to the fancy residences and all the cultists are dead and you realise you need to start curb-stomping some corpses before they literally come back to bite you on the ass.

That was my favourite part. I'd love to see that played out in a film.

Unlike that f**king astero--

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed