A/P/AVP Comic Database

Started by Rambo, May 02, 2016, 03:19:17 PM

Author
A/P/AVP Comic Database (Read 7,121 times)

Rambo

Rambo

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 17, 2018, 07:26:31 AM
https://www.taringa.net/+comics/alien-the-illustrated-story-espanol_unj8a
Really not sure what that means with just the link.

That comic is the very first item in the first row of the first page/tab.. and it is on that page again for the 2014 Ashcan version that came with the Alien 35th Anniversary Blu Ray.

That comic is also the first item in the Aliens Anthologies tab, where it was initially serialized in two installments of Heavy Metal Magazine in 1979 (before the standalone release). That link you posted seems to be about the recent hardcover re-release, and this list does not track those or TPBs unless they have original comic content.

John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi

Could someone please give me more info on the Aliens: Headhunters preview from Comic Shop News #500?  There's barely any info on it out there.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've always been curious about that one too.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Is that different than the old pencil and paper short from 1997, or am I confused and missing something? (oft the case.)

SM

SM

Yeah isn't it just that short with the couple looking for Alien head trophies?

It was in DHP 117 and Omnibus 6.

Rambo

Rambo

It's a two page prequel that was not included in DHP or the reprint. I'll try and snap some pictures and post tomorrow.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Rambo

Rambo

Here it is, from Comic Shop News issue #500. Sorry I didn't have a chance to get it on an extra large scanner. Two page spread in the same style as Headhunters. Sure took a while to track down this issue of CSN but glad I did, can't think of a similar item in Aliens comics. Really curious whether or not other CSN issues had similar exclusive content.

SM

SM

Thanks!

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

I had no idea this even existed so thanks for posting! Wonder why it wasn't  compiled in the omnibus.

Rambo

Rambo

Yeah, at this point I doubt it would be. Especially since I believe this is one that was never colored which they seem to focus on these days (besides Volume 1), and the style doesn't lend itself well to ink.

Also, here's the original art before text/lettering:

shazam

shazam

Quote from: SSj_Rambo on Oct 31, 2019, 03:15:51 PM
...Comic Shop News issue #500...
Please, show me the cover too, thanks!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for sharing, Rambo!

shazam

shazam

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed