In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,290,011 times)

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: SiL on Dec 06, 2012, 10:59:22 PM
Did you read the article? It's never said that the Bible told them to hit him, or that they did it for religious reasons. They beat their kid for not doing what he was told, unless you think the homework stated "Smack your kid if he doesn't finish" :-\

I read most of the article. But there is a thing in the bible that states "Strike your children if they're unloyal." When I was reading it I felt as if they did it because of that. Thats my view. Either way its a monsterous thing to do. That they clearly shouldn't have done.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Dec 06, 2012, 10:59:22 PM
Did you read the article? It's never said that the Bible told them to hit him, or that they did it for religious reasons. They beat their kid for not doing what he was told, unless you think the homework stated "Smack your kid if he doesn't finish" :-\

Even still, the parents are insane. Disobedience warrants discipline no doubt, but f**k, man!

SiL

SiL

Agreed, but blaming the Bible just because it gets mentioned in the article is asinine.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

In this day and age, it's hard for me to imagine religious observance so to speak didn't play some role in what happened.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The bible does serve as a guide book but it definitely depends on ones interpretation of the book. It's really just a book. There is something far more disparaging seeded in society as a whole that allows such acts to happen.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yeah, it's called a lack of education.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

First Blood

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 07, 2012, 07:19:09 PM
Yeah, it's called a lack of education.
Bingo!

You know what's even more telling then the act, the public response to it. Which is to do something that makes they themselves feel better. Like having a march or to liter the highway with a memorial.

Nightlord

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 07, 2012, 10:06:28 PM
Calling bullshit on this new story

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/12/our-weird-world-unicorns-in-north-korea-vampires-in-serbia.html

QuoteBeyond the basic issue of a village's traditions, there may be a more standard, worldly explanation for the return of Sava: tourism. Nearby Romania profits off of Dracula, after all.

Such as...the locals murdering each other for the sake of tourism dollars? Derp.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed