What future campaign(s) do you want?

Started by Inverse Effect, Sep 23, 2021, 01:28:54 AM

Author
What future campaign(s) do you want? (Read 10,733 times)

BlueMarsalis79

1. Custom Games
2. Additional Campaigns
3.  Play as the Alien(s)
4.  Additional types to fight (Neomorphs etcetera)
5. Forge/Theater
6. Real Cutscenes

Corporal Hicks

It'd be fun to branch out and explore some other locations from expanded universe too. I'd love to see Charybdis.

Some Old Dude

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2021, 09:51:34 AM
It'd be fun to branch out and explore some other locations from expanded universe too. I'd love to see Charybdis.

Now you've got me interested in an Ataegina campaign lol.

Corporal Hicks

That' definitely be a very different aesthetic!

PVTDukeMorrison

I would love to see a dense, very built up urban area in the middle of an infestation, with partially hived back alleys and office buildings

Kimarhi

I think those kind of ideas would be more for the sequel. 

426Buddy

Just let me fight the queen..

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 07, 2021, 01:44:53 AM
Just let me fight the queen..

I've been currently playing and loving "Ghostbusters : The Video Game" Remastered 2019 and I just got through this great boss fight and I was thinking during it.... this needed to be in "Aliens: Fireteam" dammit!

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 07, 2021, 01:31:02 AM
I think those kind of ideas would be more for the sequel. 

While I had a blast playing it the first three weeks (way too short Cold Iron!), I'd personally want something different for our next entry in Alien(s) IP video games.

426Buddy

I want other types of Alien games for sure, especially a single player focused game.  However I'll also be super excited if a sequel is ever announced for FTE.

After beating the game I've slowed down myself. At my peak I was lucky to hit 5 hours a week, probably back down to 2 hours a week currently.

Voodoo Magic

I was doing 3-4 hours a day!  :D

Slow and steady probably wins the race though.  :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I won't lie, I think I get more enjoyment from games now that I don't have time to binge them like I used to.

seattle24

It would be cool if they reveal something ASAP to counter Back 4 Blood's release next week. I feel like that's gonna be a bit of a death knell for AFE whatever they have in store anyway...

I'm still experiencing issues with matchmaking with or without my mate in a lobby with me. This whole time we haven't been able to find a third rando to play with - and when I sometimes dip in solo I would say finding a whole lobby is 60/40 probably in favour of it being empty, and subsequently playing with Alpha and Beta.

A new campaign would be fun - but you're looking at another hour and half of content that way. What it really needs is an exciting new game mode and a bunch of maps to accompany it.

It's a fantastic value game but we're approaching 2 months into its life cycle and one horde mode map is pretty embarrassing. I'm not a game dev, obvs, but surely they could whip some more maps up quickly? At least Predator HG had the excuse of the environments being f**king huge!

Wweyland

The game really needs more Horde Mode maps, 1 is just not enough.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

3 other horde maps would add variety but it won't necessarily revitalize the gameplay.
There ultimately needs to be an element of pure dynamic outcomes which is hard when this game is already so linear.

some one suggested the follow that I think is part of the solution but really i dont see it changing the gameplay much
1. sealing doors- this i think would add a sense of dynamic resolution to an incoming wave but this only just turns off the wave.
2. a complex set of bridges which is not for you to walk on but to block xenos from coming or change the direction of wave on the fly. preferable on top of a boil vat of chemicals. this mechanic would allow you to speed up the destruction of a large number of waves coming in quickly. If you don't attend to the bridge, you will ultimately have to face all of the horde.
3. a complex set of vats that can mechanicall pour itself into an incoming wave of xenos. again this is similar to 2. but is esthetically different and pleasing.
4. a complex set of airlocks.....that essentially does the same as 2 and 3 but in less then stellar esthetics and probably less satisfying. So maybe scale these airlocks down in size. One can say a set of wind tunnels, spinning fans will be the same scale.

To say the least, there are these mechanics present in the Alien film universe that really haven't been tapped yet. So im hoping one day it will be put to good use.

Hemi

Hemi

48 Horde maps with each map having achievements for what difficulty you play on. That's how the first Killing Floor got people to come back over and over again.

It really does not matter what kind of map either. Simple 1 way corridors to defend an Operations from getting overwhelmed with Aliens. And make it 6 players.

"Duh... That's boring"

It's not... believe me it's not. It worked with our mod, it will work with this game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed