Thoughts about Blompkamp sketchs

Started by bioweapon, Mar 20, 2015, 04:48:32 AM

Author
Thoughts about Blompkamp sketchs (Read 9,891 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 01, 2015, 04:35:44 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 01, 2015, 01:11:50 PM
I dont know judging by his films it is most likely a Aliens movie i think we have enough of that the last time we had a Alien movie was Alien 3 it is like star ship troopers with aliens that is my opinion.

He likes 'Alien' and 'Aliens' pretty much equally (and has already said that the presentation style of 'Alien Isolation' has strongly influenced his vision for this project).

It's that comment that makes me think we'll see more of an Alien vibe than an Aliens one. The picture of the Giger bust on his desk also makes me hope for a return to that appearance. It'd be really nice and refreshing to see that style - especially to see what that look could do with today's technology.

I'm still hoping for some movement like when Stompy comes out the vents in Alien Isolation. I was trying to find a .gif but couldn't find one.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 02, 2015, 07:33:03 AMI'm still hoping for some movement like when Stompy comes out the vents in Alien Isolation. I was trying to find a .gif but couldn't find one.

That's such an amazing moment.

Pretty sure it was the only point in the game where I just stood there and let it kill me solely so I could watch it. After the initial twenty attempts at running and pooing in a corner, of course.

Corporal Hicks

I found it so mesmerizing every time.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 02, 2015, 08:42:28 AM
I found it so mesmerizing every time.
Maybe he might do an 70s feeling like Alien isolation did but with aliens,we can only wait and see.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Here's a spaceship model that Blomkamp recently posted on his instagram page. Although it purportedly has nothing to do with his upcoming Alien film (it's an early D9 mothership prototype), it would nonetheless fit in very well with the Alienverse especially with all that lovely greeble.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Looks like the big colony spaceship from Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 26, 2015, 07:46:30 PM
He's already said that after speaking with Ridley Scott about the 'Prometheus' sequel, some of the ideas had to be removed. It's most likely that this was to do with any Space Jockey-related elements.

Of course with Scott producing, he isn't gonna step on his toes, but this makes any attempt at a retcon of A3, seem even more cheap than before.
Honestly, does anyone really think PROMETHEUS was better than ALIEN 3?
Really?
I like PROMETHEUS just fine (provided we get a good sequel) but its still the 4th best film in the franchise.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: CainsSon on Jul 13, 2015, 05:21:28 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 26, 2015, 07:46:30 PM
He's already said that after speaking with Ridley Scott about the 'Prometheus' sequel, some of the ideas had to be removed. It's most likely that this was to do with any Space Jockey-related elements.

Of course with Scott producing, he isn't gonna step on his toes, but this makes any attempt at a retcon of A3, seem even more cheap than before.
Honestly, does anyone really think PROMETHEUS was better than ALIEN 3?
Really?
I like PROMETHEUS just fine (provided we get a good sequel) but its still the 4th best film in the franchise.
A3 murked PROMETHEUS in so many ways it is way better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed