Aliens: CM Gameplayer Preview

Started by Darkness, May 11, 2008, 04:52:19 PM

Author
Aliens: CM Gameplayer Preview (Read 5,793 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Gameplayer has a lengthy preview of the upcoming Aliens: Colonial Marines game. There will be parts of the game where you basically need to fortify your position and defend from aliens. The developers are also aware of how the aliens should be portrayed; i.e. “virtually indestructible beings” like in the first movie. The preview also mentions a new place they saw from some concept art: “shanty mining town on a barely terraformed planet”.

“A second major gameplay approach is through the use of what Gearbox are calling ‘Make a Stand’ situations. These are particular moments in the game where you will need to fortify your position against incoming aliens. Your preparation time will be short, but there are a lot of interesting decisions to be made that add a tactical layer to each encounter. Creative Director, Brian Martel, is enthusiastic about this mechanic. “It’s the tools that we have; the ability to move things around, to put turrets there, to have the motion tracker so that you can know when they’re coming and from where.”

There’s a couple of renders of an APC and Dropship in the pictures that I’ve not seen before too. Thanks to Space Voyager for the news.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

WoW This game will rock for sure    :)  

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

To bad it comes out when some of us go back to uni   :'(  

gameoverman

gameoverman

This review sounds very similar to one I read in an Xbox magazine about a month ago so it ain't new.

War Wager

War Wager

But you never posted it in so...    ;)    A:CM is going to be amazing, no doubt.

Predator_Dylan

This looks almost TOO promising....

Hickson

Hickson

They gonna sold us all the ideas from the game in many previes..., there will be no suprise.

Cellien

Cellien

The game sounds awesome.  The ONLY bad thing I've heard about it are those stupid action scripts things?  This isn't f-ing Dragon's Lair!     ::)  

Salt The Fries

^ lol @ Dragon's Lair reference    ;D  

Vemados

Vemados

Too many puns...

XENOMORPH ALIENS

looks pretty good to me so far but lets hope they do a great job with it and making us fans feels like we're in the aliens movies.    ;D  

ZEN

ZEN

I wish they whould make more predator games   :(  .

scarface

scarface

preds suck....aliens got sheer numbers...and the franchise is getting what it finally deserves.   >:D     ;D     :P  

ZEN

ZEN

Hish-Qu-Ten are equall to xenomorphs.

Looks like a really awesome game!  I can't wait.  Hope it comes to the PSP platform.  Alright then  homies, Peace out!  *Chris* or {cppsp}.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed