NECA AvP Predators

Started by Sabres21768, Aug 06, 2012, 12:59:38 AM

Author
NECA AvP Predators (Read 81,753 times)

mythology

mythology

I already bought Celtic but do you think it's worth buying this new 2 pack for battle damaged Celtic?

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: mythology on Jun 26, 2016, 01:55:29 AM
I already bought Celtic but do you think it's worth buying this new 2 pack for battle damaged Celtic?
That depends on your preference of look for Celtic as well as if you are completionist collector. 2 packs are never "worth it" because they are always priced the same as 2 figures.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jun 26, 2016, 07:22:14 PM
Quote from: mythology on Jun 26, 2016, 01:55:29 AM
That depends on your preference of look for Celtic as well as if you are completionist collector. 2 packs are never "worth it" because they are always priced the same as 2 figures.

I remember back in the day when they were cheaper.

You could hunt for them in Ebay and try to get one for cheaper.

Thomas H.

Thomas H.

Can anyone tell me if the details between the AvP trio are very different? Part of me would love to have all three of the Preds from AvP, but with the bodymolds being similair, are the details enough to make it worth getting all three?

georgeromero

georgeromero

For starters they have different masks, Chopper comes with those badass skulls, and their armors are different.

Scar has nearly full body armor while Celtic is missing the armor part covering it's belly. Also Scar's leg armor consists of two parts, meaning it has it on both legs. Celtic has the same armor on one leg while Chopper has none. Other than that the trio is identical. But believe together they look great if money is no object.

Thomas H.

Thomas H.

Yeah, the masks I could see, and some differences between armour. But the smaller pictures I found were not that great for comparing. But in terms of body itself, they have the exact same colors?

georgeromero

georgeromero

Yes. Their bodies are exactly the same.

Thomas H.

Thomas H.

Thanks for the info. :) The concept of all three sounds cool, but I'd feel I'd be buying the same Pred with different details. Might get just one of them at some point.

mythology

mythology

That's cool if that 2 pack does come with a net to toss over grid, I'll probably buy it then.

I'll buy a avp warrior to stand with Celtic and call it pre battle, then buy the 2 set for the post battle.

georgeromero

georgeromero

Quote from: Thomas H. on Jun 29, 2016, 06:28:11 PM
Thanks for the info. :) The concept of all three sounds cool, but I'd feel I'd be buying the same Pred with different details. Might get just one of them at some point.

I feel you. That and also I'm curious which one would you buy? It's hard for me to decide since Scar is the only one unmasked, Celtic has the coolest mask and Chopper. Chopper has the coolest accessories. So I'd be surprised if you already picked which to get.

Thomas H.

Thomas H.

Well, I only have one Predator figure, the Elder Predator V2. That's unmasked, so I'd love a masked Predator. I'd choose between either Scar or Celtic. Scar, because he's the 'hero' of the movie, but Celtic has a great mask and extended combi-stick. So, not sure....

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Thomas H. on Jun 30, 2016, 06:59:51 PM
Well, I only have one Predator figure, the Elder Predator V2. That's unmasked, so I'd love a masked Predator. I'd choose between either Scar or Celtic. Scar, because he's the 'hero' of the movie, but Celtic has a great mask and extended combi-stick. So, not sure....
Masked Scar or unmasked? Honestly, three figures, with different accessories and aesthetics, wouldn't really kill the bank would it? LOL you buy whatever figure you want. The tough part is deciding so if you got both or all three it takes the pain away. Sort of :)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

A look at the upcoming AvP 2 pack.

Thomas H.

Thomas H.

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 08, 2016, 01:18:36 AM
Masked Scar or unmasked? Honestly, three figures, with different accessories and aesthetics, wouldn't really kill the bank would it? LOL you buy whatever figure you want. The tough part is deciding so if you got both or all three it takes the pain away. Sort of :)

75 euros for three action figures is a big deal for me, not because I don't have that money, but because I don't collect actionfigures. I do love Alien and Predator. Books, comics, movies, that's all normal to me, but actionfigures is not something I'd ever considered spending lots of money on. So yeah, 75 euros is a big deal for me.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Thomas H. on Jul 08, 2016, 09:08:10 PM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 08, 2016, 01:18:36 AM

75 euros for three action figures is a big deal for me, not because I don't have that money, but because I don't collect actionfigures. I do love Alien and Predator. Books, comics, movies, that's all normal to me, but actionfigures is not something I'd ever considered spending lots of money on. So yeah, 75 euros is a big deal for me.
I've got an idea. Have the girlfriend/wife get you one for a gift. Make it be a thing they can get you for a birthday present or Christmas or just a whenever gift. I always did that when I wanted something like this but wasn't sure which to get and didn't want to buy it myself! If this idea is a no go, roll a die! You really can't lose, they are all really nice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed