Started by locusta, Mar 27, 2017, 10:34:01 AM

Author
Alien Day 2017 (Read 46,223 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 27, 2017, 02:49:31 AM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Apr 27, 2017, 01:41:12 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Apr 27, 2017, 12:11:20 AM
Cool Props new 1:1 scale Alien head.  More infos here and here, if you can read Japanese.

-Windebieste.
Local Trouble's wet dream right there.

That is, a wet dream of white knuckled table flipping rage. 

Here, have another awesome image.  lol.

-Windebieste.

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Richman678 on Apr 26, 2017, 11:00:36 PM
Lol the trivia has some loaded questions such as what company created Ash. They said it was hyperdyne or whatever it's called....obviously I answered Weyland Yutani....I feel like I'm correct

Looks like Reebok is making more Alien shoes. This looks nice

http://www.reebok.com/us/alien?SSAID=314743&cm_mmc=Rbkaffiliates_SAS-_-all_affiliates-_-all_campaigns-_-all_links&cm_mmca1=US

I wish those weren't such a pricey collector's item  :-\ ... cuz I wanna wear the shit out of them.

Russ840

Russ840

I was expecting more announcements  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it was better than last year but mostly because of all the Covenant stuff coming out too. Product wise, like last year, only a few I was actually interested in. I brought some of those Fright Rag socks and I'll get the audio drama when I return to civilization and can download it without struggle.

I'm disappointed we didn't get any new game announcement though.  :'(

Murfy426

Murfy426

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2017, 10:45:46 AM
I think it was better than last year but mostly because of all the Covenant stuff coming out too. Product wise, like last year, only a few I was actually interested in. I brought some of those Fright Rag socks and I'll get the audio drama when I return to civilization and can download it without struggle.

I'm disappointed we didn't get any new game announcement though.  :'(
Same here, with halo wars 2 done and dusted this would have been a perfect time for creative assembly to announce alien isolation 2.
Sadly though I don't think that game will be happening.

windebieste

windebieste

I thought the day made some great reveals.  The extra prologue to 'ALIEN: Covenant' was great - and I didn't have to be a US citizen to benefit from it.  Lots of product reveals and I'm going to order some of them luvverly Super7 blind box ALIENS.  They're definitely heading my way once I get paid.  Beyond that, there wasn't a lot that appealed - just the NECA figure for the new movie.

Of course, I was disappointed there was no new game revealed.   Too bad that one.  Overall, though, it was pretty cool.  There sure is some weird stuff heading our way.  Mr. Potatohead Alien and Nesting doll Aliens were a bit confounding.  I mean, really?  those things are a thing but 'ALIEN: Isolation 2' is a no show..? 

It is a bit bewildering sometimes, I'll say that much for sure.

-Windebieste.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Apr 27, 2017, 04:44:41 AM
Quote from: Richman678 on Apr 26, 2017, 11:00:36 PM
Lol the trivia has some loaded questions such as what company created Ash. They said it was hyperdyne or whatever it's called....obviously I answered Weyland Yutani....I feel like I'm correct

Looks like Reebok is making more Alien shoes. This looks nice

http://www.reebok.com/us/alien?SSAID=314743&cm_mmc=Rbkaffiliates_SAS-_-all_affiliates-_-all_campaigns-_-all_links&cm_mmca1=US

I wish those weren't such a pricey collector's item  :-\ ... cuz I wanna wear the shit out of them.
well, it's not like they are the only pair and have to be displayed behind bullet proof glass. If you want to wear them, rock em! I always had a habit (even as a kid with my basketball shoes) to clean my favorite shoes once I'm done wearing them and put them back in the box to keep me fresh. That reminds me... I need to clean my Giorgio Armani sneakers I wore yesterday :laugh:

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 27, 2017, 04:11:55 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Apr 27, 2017, 02:49:31 AM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Apr 27, 2017, 01:41:12 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Apr 27, 2017, 12:11:20 AM
Cool Props new 1:1 scale Alien head.  More infos here and here, if you can read Japanese.

-Windebieste.
Local Trouble's wet dream right there.

That is, a wet dream of white knuckled table flipping rage. 

Here, have another awesome image.  lol.

-Windebieste.

http://media.tenor.co/images/bc7a31eb74a6208e82ada6b3cb300793/tenor.gif
That's clearly the face of someone that has been repressing their desire for the skull.

Russ840

Russ840

Do you know what. I was really hoping that we would get an announcement of a new Alien graphic novel by Tristan Jones. No idea why I put that in my head but I am sorely disappointed.  Also, not happy we that no new game was announced.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Personally, I felt let down. They had some epic posters and other limited edition stuff last year and this year they had almost nothing (mondo wise). No interest or ability to play the vinyl records. Socks? Nah. NECA figures were unimpressive (I don't like the Kenner stuff, no nostalgia factor so not my thing). There were no screenings around me to go see (I've always wanted to see the first 2 films in theater). The audible drama will be cool I got that (really liked the first one, Out of the Shadows).

I hope they can do something more like a full convention style thing next year, have all the living actors and actresses show up for autographs and pictures, screen all the films, costume contests, etc. THAT would be a true ALIEN DAY, IMO.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah aside from the covenant news it felt like even less was going on this year. No screenings near me either.

SM

SM

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 27, 2017, 03:07:13 PM
Do you know what. I was really hoping that we would get an announcement of a new Alien graphic novel by Tristan Jones. No idea why I put that in my head but I am sorely disappointed.  Also, not happy we that no new game was announced.

He did a nice picture of Parker on Facebook but.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: SM on Apr 28, 2017, 01:11:44 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 27, 2017, 03:07:13 PM

He did a nice picture of Parker on Facebook but.

Any chance of putting that pic up here?  I don't use facebook.

SM

SM

Russ840

Russ840

Nice. Thanks SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed