Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 06, 2018, 08:54:49 AM

Author
Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5! (Read 43,345 times)

Naginata

^ I've seen the movie dozens upon dozens of times, yet the perfection of that original Anytime animatronic still astounds me.

I actually kinda like the 4 arms, and the 'face' looks positively WICKED. Still, I'm glad this isn't happening; I'd prefer a stand-alone movie to a weird pseudo-sequel.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 09, 2018, 08:34:31 PM
Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2018, 07:57:13 PM
I think giving people who like AvP:R power is a step too far.

;D

lol. shaddup. you know what I mean. :laugh:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/1026x5Ybk81eRW/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bbd10374e32494d77b4e584

You're one ugly motherf****r!  :laugh:

With that gif, I just had to lol

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 09, 2018, 11:01:00 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 09, 2018, 08:34:31 PM
Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2018, 07:57:13 PM
I think giving people who like AvP:R power is a step too far.

;D

lol. shaddup. you know what I mean. :laugh:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/1026x5Ybk81eRW/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bbd10374e32494d77b4e584

You're one ugly motherf****r!  :laugh:

With that gif, I just had to lol

lol   :laugh:

Huggs

Quote from: Highland on Oct 09, 2018, 05:58:50 AM
Quote from: PureKino on Oct 09, 2018, 01:42:41 AM
This Organisim is not Perfect enough. In order to truly capture the brilliance of the original film the design of the new Alien should be a eleven foot tall HR Giger running around bludgeoning people to death with a dildo.

This way he can fight the cloned Upgrade Predator in Disney's upcoming Avengers vs Star Wars.

This post is amazing. Somebody sign this man up.

It needs to be a Giger dildo though, named Winston. And everytime he hits somebody with it he has to yell "painting!".

The Old One

The Old One

No! "VERMS UGH DISGUSTING"

Huggs

Oh C'mon. Can't you just see the fear in their eyes as he dangles it on their nose and says,

"VOOD YOU LIKE A KEES FROM WEENSTON?"

Local Trouble

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 10, 2018, 05:20:02 AM
This Organisim is not Perfect enough. In order to truly capture the brilliance of the original film the design of the new Alien should be a eleven foot tall HR Giger running around bludgeoning people to death with a dildo.

This way he can fight the cloned Upgrade Predator in Disney's upcoming Avengers vs Star Wars.

It needs to be a Giger dildo though, named Winston. And everytime he hits somebody with it he has to yell "painting!".

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 10, 2018, 05:24:33 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_zA-R_-jhc

Corporal Hicks

I'm fairly sure Giger/Alien dildos exist as well...

The Old One

The Old One

BD produces one under the name "Ridley"

Corporal Hicks

Lol I didn't want to Google that at work.  :laugh:

CainsSon

At this point, as much as I loathe the idea of retconning A3, I think Blomkamp's film - AND BRINGING BACK RIPLEY - may be the only hope of saving this franchise.

Im thinking with the sure success of HALLOWEEN 2018, and the return of Sigourney's good friend Jamie Lee to her iconic role as Laurie Strode in that franchise - which is also retconing it's sequels to bring her back - that BLOMKAMP knows there's a shot of reinvigorating interest in his story, given the recent Disney/Fox merger, and his ROBOCOP appointment.

That DISNEY/FOX merger will be finalized starting January 1st 2019... btw.

Could the BLOMKAMP/ RIPLEY storyline be ressurected as a Television series? Would that work? I dunno.

The Old One

The Old One

If it's a passing of the torch to Rebecca Jorden and then it ends up being a series following her, it will have saved nothing. IMO

I'd rather wait fifteen years for another completely new story than have the franchise become what Star Wars is now,
which Alien will if it's successful in bringing back fan favourites- the series will become nothing but that,
and aping the popular entries that came before.
I'd genuinely rather have nothing than that.

Anthologies FTW.

SiL

Isolation effectively passes the baton from Ripley to, well, Ripley (Jnr), and apes a popular entry in the series, and people love Isolation (you amongst them! ;D)

Baton-passing and nostalgia can be used very effectively. Not saying Blomkamp's would've necessarily, but conceptually, it's not an inherently untenable idea.

The Old One

The Old One

One daughter is enough. :laugh:

Even then Amanda Ripley's encounter and fight against the Alien had a motivation and correlation that made sense.
Granted, it could've been anyone's descendant looking for their parent gone missing on the Nostromo.
But it works really well because of the pretty seamless extension of Ellen Ripley's transmission.
Retroactively I think it makes the arc of the first three films all the better.

I don't really see what requires a retcon of A3 or what Rebecca Jorden offers that isn't doable with a new character.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed