Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 06, 2018, 08:54:49 AM

Author
Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5! (Read 42,541 times)

SM

Maybe just let people like what they want to like?

SiL

We must not, under any circumstances, allow people to enjoy things unless they are also the things we enjoy.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 09, 2018, 02:30:23 AM
Fanboy I meant as in someone who goes all giddy for anything new that comes out. Even if it makes no sense, has nothing to do with what made the franchise great, as long as it looks cool and woooohoooo it's awesome, same idiots who praise AvpR and all that total shyte.

All fandom contains both what you call "fanboys", fans that find levels of excitement & enjoyment in most everything related to their fandom... and pretentious fans, fans that consider themselves a universal decider of what should be loved or shunned.  As part of a large community, neither should be referred as "idiots" in my opinion.

But before one criticizes "fanboys" , it's important to remember we all have some level of bias in our criticism.  And most of us have our handful of "guilty pleasures" in film, literature, even music too, where we recognize various faults... yet, the work still connects to us enough to find enjoyment in it.  It's always best to keep that in mind before criticizing one's fictional source of personal enjoyment.

Perfect-Organism

It would be disgraceful to allow people to enjoy something based on their own personal sensibility rather than what the going consensus is.  Everybody must get in line and conform!   :D

Adam802

Still cant believe we missed out on this for more Prometheus garbage, sigh......

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 08, 2018, 10:11:34 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Oct 08, 2018, 09:03:02 PM
Aside from the arms, there's nothing remarkable about it IMO.

This though...
Spoiler

[close]

If "adolescent Queen" is the idea, there's better ways to go about it.

I'd have her for something to eat, I mean for dinner. I'd have her for dinner. Over I mean! Over for dinner. I'd eat...oh God.  ;D

You & me both, rawr.

Highland

Quote from: PureKino on Oct 09, 2018, 01:42:41 AM
This Organisim is not Perfect enough. In order to truly capture the brilliance of the original film the design of the new Alien should be a eleven foot tall HR Giger running around bludgeoning people to death with a dildo.

This way he can fight the cloned Upgrade Predator in Disney's upcoming Avengers vs Star Wars.

This post is amazing. Somebody sign this man up.

The Old One

The Old One

:laugh:

Corporal Hicks

I loathe people using fanboy as some sort of insult and it's not something I like to see thrown around like it's being spat with venom. Enough of it.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed, everyone registered is a fanatic to a degree.

The Cruentus

Well fan is short for fanatic but in fairness, some of us are more rational and objective than others. You have some of us that can objectively criticise a movie, book and game, even if it has our favorite monster in it and you get some that will absolutely love the worst movie/book/game ever just because it has their favorite monster in it.

Though they are entitled to their opinions, its not good to get into a debate with someone who refuses or is actually incapable of being objective and looking at things both ways, a lot of nasty arguments come from that. I can understand why some would call them fanboys even if its done with the intent to insult, because in many ways "fanboys" (and I mean this in terms of the unobjective, entitled, think the franchise belongs to them kind of fans, and not simply the overly passionate hardcore fans)  really do ruin things for others. They can make forums a nightmare and they can be particular venomous towards those who worked on the projects, simply because things didn't go their way.

The way I see it, being a fan of something doesn't mean you have any rights towards the franchise nor do you get to put down others. We should instead be united in our shared love for something even if we have different interpretations.

Back on topic, I doubt that Alien 5 or Alien 3.2 will be made anytime soon and as much as I didn't like the direction Scott went, I want to see him finish his trilogy, see where David goes and put a definite end to it.

The Old One

The Old One

Finish the prequel narrative R.S!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 09, 2018, 10:15:37 AM
Well fan is short for fanatic but in fairness, some of us are more rational and objective than others. You have some of us that can objectively criticise a movie, book and game, even if it has our favorite monster in it and you get some that will absolutely love the worst movie/book/game ever just because it has their favorite monster in it.

Worst movie/book/game defined by whom? See this is where the blade shows its sharpness on both sides, the "fanboy" who likes everything and the "pretentious fan" that expresses condemnation towards fans who like certain output.

I enjoyed "The Predator". I am rational, well spoken, realize there are many faults with the film's execution (especially narratively) yet still found enjoyment with the film.  For those feelings, I have been mocked for my opinion in this very forum, on more than one occasion.  I have no qualms with people disliking the film, or expressing their dislike, but we all should welcome a fan environment that allows all of us to express our views without condemnation.

And one general note regarding "AvP Requiem".  While the film sits with a lowly 11% positive critical rating on Rotten Tomatoes, that does mean 11% of critics enjoyed the film enough to give it a fresh rating and a recommendation... and among those recommendations were Variety and Entertainment Weekly.  So if someone here likes that movie, more power to them.

Having the minority opinion doesn't make someone's opinion wrong, it just simply means you're in the minority.

SM

I think giving people who like AvP:R power is a step too far.

;D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2018, 07:57:13 PM
I think giving people who like AvP:R power is a step too far.

;D

lol. shaddup. you know what I mean. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed