Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2009, 11:47:30 PM

Author
An Alien Prequel? (Read 13,246 times)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Ridley "talking about it" is nothing new.  I highly doubt this will go anywhere

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

If Ridley Scott directs it.....then I'm in   8)  

Keyes

Keyes

With it being the 30th anniversary of the original, plus the forthcoming Blu-ray release, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what got talk going again within Fox.  I hope it happens as I think Ridley Scott is a great director. He certainly knows how to make a good looking film if nothing else.

randy4321

randy4321

A prequel for what???? I know its alien franchise but a prequel to what????

Starkiller

Starkiller

I agree with some comments the mystery of not knowing is the one of the reason's alien 1979 is an amazing film, so maybe a prequel is a bad move.   However if ridley scott is behind it, im all up for it! I think they should make alien 5 aka 'Alien Evolution' & continue the series & of course have ridley involved    :)   seeing as they are moving on with the predator franchise with the 'reboot' 'Predators' maybe carryin on with alien series mite be the best move. I guesse we will have to wait & see folks!

Starkiller

Starkiller

randy4321 | 28 Apr 2009 20:1919 A prequel for what???? I know its alien franchise but a prequel to what??? __________  the origin of weyland yuntani maybe the birth of the planet frm aliens or the space jockeys the origin of the alien's themselves in some ways it could be avp3 but without the predators it could carry on, story wise frm AVP:R but tell the begining, would require a some good writing but hey ridley is a genieus. for instane we could see a predator ship but we dnt actually see them so it could link the jockeys to the predators, because of what we saw in AVP:R on the pred homeworld.  Just have to wait and see what happens.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Not every film needs a prequel. AVP was kind of a prequel to this. Anyway I am excited about the possibility of a new Alien film!

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

I prefer that theres comformation from FOX. also, if its true. and a prequel is gonna be made, I hope the original Alien design is used, and I hope H.R. Giger comes back. we don't need any more of ADI's crappy designs.

Jilted

Jilted

No. Nonononononono.Don't do this. Not only it would kill the little mistery the specie has left, but an Alien movie without Ripley would just just take out the series identity.  But I see how Rothman must be desperate for this as Fox is having bad run besides killing every single genre franchise it owns.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Clover: AvP f**ked us in the asses big time mate, watering down 2 of the best sci-fi franchises in the world? Come on, "You're one...ugly...son of a bitch!" Yeah that just reeks badass lol. A prequel to Alien could serve to explain the origins of the derelict, the space jockey and, perish the thought, follow the comic that involved the space jockey. And its old mate Ridley!

Simbaca

Simbaca

;D     ;D     ;D  Yes!!! There is hope.

davebhamuk

davebhamuk

Why not just follow the Sulaco home after the events of Alien 3 and see what happens on gateway station/possibly earth with aliens running around?

shinigami

shinigami

Ridley would be the best choise.    :)  

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Better than a remake I suppose...

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

8)   i'm so happy to hear that Rid is planning a ALIEN PREQUEL before Ripley and that we really don't need: saying again and again - Sigourney at all...this is all  about the SJ and the creatures and it leads to Alien 1. i would like to wait for the whole set of the ALIEN franchise with the "Alien Reboot". This doesn't include Sig and her character "Ripley".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed