Any updates on the lawsuit?

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Apr 02, 2014, 04:59:52 PM

Author
Any updates on the lawsuit? (Read 81,087 times)

SM

SM

Damn those costumers...

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: SM on Aug 12, 2014, 10:18:23 PM
Damn those costumers...

Wanting what was advertised. those monsters

Origin

Origin

So who do I contact to get my $100 back from buying the CE day one? ???

SM

SM

Quote from: Nazrel on Aug 12, 2014, 10:35:22 PM
Quote from: SM on Aug 12, 2014, 10:18:23 PM
Damn those costumers...

Wanting what was advertised. those monsters

Always making those damn costumes...

Ash 937

Ash 937

I admire SEGA for settling.  Now GBX can be left to defend themselves in isolation on the matter while SEGA has essentially bought themselves out of the hassle.  Clearly they do not want to stand beside GBX since it seems like they were screwed too.

I hope the plaintiff goes all the way and the court finds GBX liable for misleading the public.

windebieste

windebieste

Poor GBX, liddle diddums. 

After 6 years and $60,000,000+ from the publisher it still was not enough to get the game looking like AAA  instead of a budget title?  ...and you claim you put EVEN more of your own money into it to get it releasd? 

Something wrong right there.

Oh, by the way... How's that new $60,000,000 office building coming along for you?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/19/gearbox-to-move-hq-to-new-61-million-building-in-frisco-tx/

PsyKore

PsyKore

I think this was simply the best option for Sega from a financial standpoint. if they hadn't done this, then it would be a risk that they would have to pay more down the line. It also shakes Gearbox off of them. $1.25M is something Sega can easily make back, anyway.

I think they got off... rather lightly.

SM

SM

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 13, 2014, 01:44:06 AM
Poor GBX, liddle diddums. 

After 6 years and $60,000,000+ from the publisher it still was not enough to get the game looking like AAA  instead of a budget title?  ...and you claim you put EVEN more of your own money into it to get it releasd? 

Something wrong right there.

Oh, by the way... How's that new $60,000,000 office building coming along for you?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/19/gearbox-to-move-hq-to-new-61-million-building-in-frisco-tx/

Not like they own that building.  Or even appear to have moved in.

Long bow is long.

windebieste

windebieste

Didn't say they owned it.  Regardless, I have no sympathy for GBX. 

Sega should return the favor and sue GBX in turn.  It's just too bad they DID fulfill their contractual obligations to the publisher to cover their butts and get the game plus 4 DLC items out the door. 

Mind you, Sega should still seek accountability as to where that money went.

$60,000,000 is a Hell of a lot of money considering how the end product turned out.

SM

SM

QuoteDidn't say they owned it.

There's enough legit things to complain about with Gearbox without insinuating rubbish.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Best news I heard all week. I am happy I kept my copy, because I am going to reclaim some money. I don't care if its a dollar or the entire 59.99.

Since most people traded the game away, I can see myself getting a lot more than a couple bucks.

Thank you, SEGA. Thank you for taking some blame. Now, sue Gearbox.

HicksLives!

HicksLives!

Gearbox is in serious need of a lawsuit suppository! >:(

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 12, 2014, 10:10:17 PM
WoW, We will never likely get a real technical specification as to what the hell is going on REALLY but this is how I see:

Sega opted to use an advanced version of unreal Engine 3 ( considering the neat  illumination and water effects in the demo look just like the ones on Arkham Knight), then told Gearbox to get  on it
with a surprise twist : Wii U.

Hense the Wii U cancellation and the outrageously low quality engine we got which was probably done on purpose to test on Wii U.

I like to think this as the logic behind the lawsuit since the reports are downright stupid allegations that don't add up to an actual reason.
The reports are beginning to sound like some douch bag costumer is suing over an unintended use of bump maps and solar flares effects in the game.

Maybe we're secretly playing the Wii-U build of the game? xD

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 12, 2014, 07:14:06 PM
I can't help but feel a little sorry for Sega. They must have poured millions into ACM and it's ended up costing them much more in the end. And Gearbox still haven't had their comeuppance.

Makes me think they're just going to get rid of the license once AI is all done with (think this is their last game on the license?). They've had nothing but trouble with Alien games.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 13, 2014, 07:08:17 AM
Quote from: Darkness on Aug 12, 2014, 07:14:06 PM
I can't help but feel a little sorry for Sega. They must have poured millions into ACM and it's ended up costing them much more in the end. And Gearbox still haven't had their comeuppance.

Makes me think they're just going to get rid of the license once AI is all done with (think this is their last game on the license?). They've had nothing but trouble with Alien games.

Doesnt their contract end this year or next?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed