Just re-watched AvP 2004.....

Started by Scott Conover, Sep 29, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

Author
Just re-watched AvP 2004..... (Read 32,774 times)

Corporal Hicks

You gotta have that reach for the Aliens! I'm disappointed we never actually got to really see any extended blade action. I think Scar double shticks when he kills Quinn but can't really remember any other occasions.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, I think you're correct.

Corporal Hicks

It would have been interesting to see Chopper use those arm-scythes. I wonder if they'd have really helped at all.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

If they were not acid resistant, then they would only get one good use and the risk of the Chopper getting splashed would always be there.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 17, 2019, 10:11:47 PM
I always dug the double extend. Flick, shtick, flick again, shtick. More blade than you can throw a stick at.
I'm fairly certain that in one of the double extends, the blades actually flip around and end up curved the opposite way.

Kradan

Kradan

I'm sure these longer blades appeared purely because of Anderson's mentality "bigger - better". Not fan of them honestly.

The Old One

The Old One

Superior range is just more effective against the Alien (acid defense) -I imagine, although it's never used for it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stitch on Jul 19, 2019, 06:53:52 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 17, 2019, 10:11:47 PM
I always dug the double extend. Flick, shtick, flick again, shtick. More blade than you can throw a stick at.
I'm fairly certain that in one of the double extends, the blades actually flip around and end up curved the opposite way.

Celtic certainly flips them around during his scrap, but I don't recall if it was double-extended. I don't recall them looking that large during that fight.

happypred

happypred

Instead of flipping blades...how about double edged blades that don't melt, like their spears, which don't melt

SM

SM

Helps balance things out if all their weapons aren't invincible.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

They can have their acid proof weapons, if they keep the acid blood the dangerous factor in melee that it should be as far as I am concerned.

In one of the old AvP comics they depicted it perfectly. A young and inexperienced predator (Light Stepper?) gets pressured by an alien, he wants to end it quickly and decisively and goes for a decapitation despite it beeing very close to him due to inexperience or need to end it quickly because he is starting to get overpowered and gets royaly screwed because of the fontaine of acid blood.

To know when to strike without getting showered by acid should be part of the challenge.

SM

SM

They have laser guided plasma cannons.

Acid corroding some of their melee weapons is fair.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Why does it have to be fair?

The Old One

The Old One

It doesn't, the Alien's got the physical advantage the Predator's got the advantage of range.

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, it's more of just an internal logic issue. They have spears that don't melt...yet their armor and wrist blades melt? I'm sure we can fansplain something but it's a legitimate whinge. And Predators are unfair cheaters anyway so...*shrugs*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed