J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Dec 11, 2018, 11:10:33 PM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien" (Read 49,141 times)

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 26, 2019, 08:12:13 PMHolm's quotes are from his autobiography.

Wasn't aware he'd written one. Recommended?

Valaquen

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 26, 2019, 09:14:47 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 26, 2019, 08:12:13 PMHolm's quotes are from his autobiography.

If you're there for Alien... not really. He dedicates a chapter to it, but mostly focuses on his personal life. He mentions some difficulty playing Ash. Has a funny story about John Hurt and people on the cast and crew pressing him to explain how he would act out the chestburster scene. Hurt said he'd use his "not inconsiderable imagination and just... do it!" Which shocked some people, because he bellowed the last part out, but Holm found it amusing. Holm was going through a lot of family issues at the time of filming so he kept himself to himself, mostly.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 26, 2019, 11:05:03 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 26, 2019, 09:14:47 PM

If you're there for Alien... not really. He dedicates a chapter to it, but mostly focuses on his personal life. He mentions some difficulty playing Ash. Has a funny story about John Hurt and people on the cast and crew pressing him to explain how he would act out the chestburster scene. Hurt said he'd use his "not inconsiderable imagination and just... do it!" Which shocked some people, because he bellowed the last part out, but Holm found it amusing. Holm was going through a lot of family issues at the time of filming so he kept himself to himself, mostly.

Thank you for the info! He's an interesting guy, so I might have to seek that one out...

The Old One

The Old One

Corporal Hicks

I've listened to the first half hour on the way to work. Interesting to know he goes into these projects without too much in-depth prior knowledge.

Corporal Hicks

Glaive

...and?
Don't leave us in suspense! 😵😵😵

Corporal Hicks

That's the author's Twitter.

Elmazalman

I'd like to see the author tackle JAWS.

Glaive

Quote from: Elmazalman on May 18, 2019, 11:44:23 PM

...me, too...though there are a fair amount (some would say the ORIGINAL making-of) out there already for JAWS...

Elmazalman

Quote from: Glaive on Jun 22, 2019, 08:25:55 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on May 18, 2019, 11:44:23 PM

...me, too...though there are a fair amount (some would say the ORIGINAL making-of) out there already for JAWS...
Plenty of published material on the ALIEN films too. Another book wouldn't hurt. I hope Mr. Rinzler also gets to do ALIENS and ALIEN3.

The Old One

The Old One

After seeing new photography my interest is renewed.

Elmazalman

Not long now.

I hope this "box Alien" business is put to rest.

Kradan

My guts tell me that no, it isn't,

The Old One

The Old One

It's the Alien fandom's burden to bear.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed