NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 831,769 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Eh, I'm kind of indifferent about both SDCC releases this year. I will say the Predator gimmick is a lot cooler though

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thing is, I f**king love my AvP one.

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Quote from: BlazinBlue88 on Jul 11, 2020, 02:46:55 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 11, 2020, 02:14:58 PM
I don't know why but this one just isn't thrilling me. And it's weird because I've got their Alien-vision AvP Alien and it's essentially the same idea.

Agreed. Something about it looks off to me. But then again, not a fan of the Prototype Alien they released.

As soon as I saw the glow-in-the-dark version I was "meh". Same reaction to the transparent blue Xenomorph, I'm a collector - but even I have limits to what I collect (save the money on better Alien/Predator figures)

The Prototype Alien I do like however - I see it as a mutation (along with the Albino Xenomorphs) due to Facehuggers exposed to the Engineer pathogen (also my theory on the Giant Facehuggers).

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 13, 2020, 12:44:40 PM
Thing is, I f**king love my AvP one.

Is the AVP one glow in the dark? I always thought it was painted to appear like it was glowing

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't believe it is glow-in-the-dark, just painted to appear glowy.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I believe it is glow in the dark if I remember past reviews correctly, just the plastic is not that good for that function. I think it needs a long time to be charged in harsh light. I could be wrong though. 

dHunter333

dHunter333

So wave 1 of the Alien 40th anniversary collection was a Target exclusive, Wave 2 is an "online retailer" exclusive, meaning pretty much anyone can sell that one. Wave 3 is a Walmart exclusive? Please say that isn't right (for wave 3...)?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Darkseed

Darkseed

I don't know if it was asked here before, but how many alien figures has neca released? I was wondering how long would it take to have a special 100th figure just like the predator l.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Darkseed on Jul 19, 2020, 02:27:57 AM
I don't know if it was asked here before, but how many alien figures has neca released? I was wondering how long would it take to have a special 100th figure just like the predator l.

I count about 101 from one of the checklists I could find but I don't know if any of the criteria would count for Xenomorph specific, products released (may or may not include bundles), or if this includes things like Facehuggers which may be counted as accessories.

Darkseed

Darkseed

Since the 100th Predator was a tribute to the original costume design, maybe the 100th alien will be something related to Giger's paintings from the Necronomicon or to the space jockey xeno.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Or an action figure version of the Rob Cobb Alien creature concept art.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Perhaps the obvious choice:

bobby brown

bobby brown

Working Joe plzzzz :'(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Or the original one:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed