Alien Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 13, 2015, 09:16:21 AM

Author
Alien Covenant? (Read 30,221 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 16, 2015, 09:21:28 PMThe idea of a colony ship is interesting to me! What does that mean?

I'd guess a ship full of people going to colonise another world. The first wave as it were.

Gresh

Gresh

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 16, 2015, 09:22:20 PM
Quote from: Gresh on Nov 16, 2015, 09:18:23 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 16, 2015, 06:10:05 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Nov 16, 2015, 06:02:57 PMNew Synopsis

Wait, so they're now dropping Rapace too?!

If Noomi Rapace is getting Alien 3'd, then f**k this movie.

I honestly expect her fate to be a plot point for the film.

The fact that shes not mentioned at all in the official synopsis is just weird and worrying to me.  She was the main character in Prometheus.  If she is just a plot point in this, that would be incredibly dumb.

GQSioux

GQSioux

Quote from: Gresh on Nov 16, 2015, 09:30:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 16, 2015, 09:22:20 PM
Quote from: Gresh on Nov 16, 2015, 09:18:23 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 16, 2015, 06:10:05 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Nov 16, 2015, 06:02:57 PMNew Synopsis

Wait, so they're now dropping Rapace too?!

If Noomi Rapace is getting Alien 3'd, then f**k this movie.

I honestly expect her fate to be a plot point for the film.

The fact that shes not mentioned at all in the official synopsis is just weird and worrying to me.  She was the main character in Prometheus.  If she is just a plot point in this, that would be incredibly dumb.

Remember, cryo exists. If this does indeed take place years later, Shaw could be alive and well in one of the Engineer cryotubes for all we know.  If she's not part of the movie, there could also be flashbacks or some type of prologue to explains things, or like someone said earlier, she could be saved as a protagonist for the third movie.

T Dog

T Dog

I just want a good movie. If Shaw isn't in it, it won't bother me if the movie is good. I do think Noomi Rapace deserves better than what she got in Prometheus so here's hoping they wrote her a good part if she shows up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. At the end of the day, as long as it's a good film that'll make me more than happy. We're really due one.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So, how is this film going to tie into Paradise Lost and Prometheus? I'm a little lost as to what's in the "Alienverse" and what isn't.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This is Paradise Lost. Just a title change.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh! Well, thank goodness. I wasn't big on the previous subtitle.

T Dog

T Dog

Just to say - the logo for the movie has got me excited!

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 16, 2015, 10:37:13 PM
Just to say - the logo for the movie has got me excited!

I don't expect that's the actual logo... they just wanted to give us something (along with the synopsis) to stop our belly-achin'.  :P

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh crap I was wondering what you guys were all writing about... they finally made it official. This news has got me very excited. Love the title and the mystery of only finding David on the planet.

szkoki

szkoki

ALIEN Covenant...so shouldnt been ALIEN Prometheus then?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Surely that will be fixed in the near future. :P

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Is it possible that this prequel actually happens in the far off future (wouldn't that be a kick in the head)?

I'm hoping the goon who wrote the synopsis was going for dramatic effect, but IMO this is cringe worthy

"Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy"

The Milky Way is about 120,000 LY in diameter.  The earth is about 75,000 LY from the far side of the galaxy.

To contrast :  Zeta Reticuli is approximately 39 LY from earth, and it took The Prometheus 2 years to get there. 

If you want to tell me that a Juggernaut can travel tens of thousands of light years in a short period of time, I will buy it.  But..  it would take the Prometheus 5000 years to travel that far.  I don't see a colony ship of the same era doing any better.  Keep in mind that there are only 28 years between the destruction off the Prometheus and the events in ALIEN.

disclaimer : tongue in cheek :)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Nov 17, 2015, 12:39:11 AM
Is it possible that this prequel actually happens in the far off future (wouldn't that be a kick in the head)?

I'm hoping the goon who wrote the synopsis was going for dramatic effect, but IMO this is cringe worthy

"Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy"

The Milky Way is about 120,000 LY in diameter.  The earth is about 75,000 LY from the far side of the galaxy.

To contrast :  Zeta Reticuli is approximately 39 LY from earth, and it took The Prometheus 2 years to get there. 

If you want to tell me that a Juggernaut can travel tens of thousands of light years in a short period of time, I will buy it.  But..  it would take the Prometheus 5000 years to travel that far.  I don't see a colony ship of the same era doing any better.  Keep in mind that there are only 28 years between the destruction off the Prometheus and the events in ALIEN.

disclaimer : tongue in cheek :)

A thought just occurred to me, what if "on the far side of the galaxy" they mean on our side? Seeing as Earth isn't exactly close to the centre of the Milky Way, they could be talking about the opposite end of the other side, on the far end of our end of the galaxy so to speak.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed