Alien Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 13, 2015, 09:16:21 AM

Author
Alien Covenant? (Read 30,098 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

ugh the whole alien to prometheus back to alien thing is the bad part. :P

All the titles work. However the real one we are all waiting for is, Alien: Derelict.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Aka Prometheus 4. :P

The whole switch over thing is as confusing as the initial Alien to Prometheus switch. I just want to know how much it connects.

T Dog

T Dog

Next up we'll have
"I'm making a new.......I'm going back to the start in......Alien......Communion......we're getting down on our knees with this one right cause I let the other ones slip right by into other peopthink they made 4 or was it 5......the beast is cooked......so im taking the beast out of the oven putting him in the freezer and thawing out the frozen beast then putting him in the microwave for my new movie......Alien.......Confession......

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Covenant is a neat title, but who knows what's really going on with these projects. It's a lot of smoke and mirrors and crummy articles right now.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 14, 2015, 03:10:17 PM
Covenant is a neat title, but who knows what's really going on with these projects. It's a lot of smoke and mirrors and crummy articles right now.
Yeah it was especially ridiculous during the week when IGN reposted a month old quote and other publications ran with the story and associated it directly with Blomkamp's project falling apart despite the fact the timelines didn't quite add up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 14, 2015, 03:14:25 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 14, 2015, 03:10:17 PM
Yeah it was especially ridiculous during the week when IGN reposted a month old quote and other publications ran with the story and associated it directly with Blomkamp's project falling apart despite the fact the timelines didn't quite add up.

Tell me about it.  :-\

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

This is interesting as I saw a news article about an hour ago that still refered to it as Alien: Paradise Lost and said that Walter Hill and David Giler are on board as producers. Giler being on board fills me with dread but if anyone can keep him in line its Ridley.

I reckon that Covenant could be the poss title to Blomkamps Alien 5

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I believe Giler and Hill get producer credit on anything that says 'Alien' on it, whether they're involved or not. Could be wrong though.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 14, 2015, 01:01:02 PMAll the titles work. However the real one we are all waiting for is, Alien: Derelict.

The critics would have a field day with that title... and not in a good way.  :P

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Nov 14, 2015, 05:05:04 PM
I believe Giler and Hill get producer credit on anything that says 'Alien' on it, whether they're involved or not. Could be wrong though.

Ah right. If that's the case then I don't mind as much lol

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

You're quite right doctor. Their original contract on Alien stated that they will get credited for any sequels or spin-offs based on the first film. It backfired a bit since they were credited on Resurrection, AvP, AvP:R and Prometheus even though they had nothing to do with it.  :laugh:

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 14, 2015, 05:26:20 PM

You're quite right doctor. Their original contract on Alien stated that they will get credited for any sequels or spin-offs based on the first film. It backfired a bit since they were credited on Resurrection, AvP, AvP:R and Prometheus even though they had nothing to do with it.  :laugh:

Heh heh! They should keep crediting Gordon Carroll, too. oooOOOooo!!!  :o

Randomizer

Randomizer

Alien: Covenant doesn't seem fitting for the Alien universe. Plus, I'm just starting to get used with Paradise Lost.

Or just leave it at Prometheus 2, for God's sake.  ::)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

When I first heard the title, I was reminded of Halo's Covenant. XD

The First Child

The First Child

Alien: Covenant is okay. Unfortunately many people think of the alien collective from the Halo franchise when the word covenant pops up. You would not think it, but even people who have never played halo know what the covenant is. Alien: Paradise Lost is better, but personally a movie title like "Paradise Lost" or "Paradise" is the best. It's simple yet exciting, easy to remember. Like the Martian, Alien, Gladiator. It rolls off ones tongue with ease. 

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

In my mind, Alien: Paradise always conjures images of an alien reclining in a hammock under a palm tree and sipping a piƱa colada.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed