25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage

Started by Adam802, Mar 04, 2021, 05:01:48 PM

Author
25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage (Read 29,294 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Drukathi on Mar 10, 2021, 06:13:09 PM
Quote from: Xeno Black on Mar 10, 2021, 12:31:12 AM
Second that would lead to some horrible trolling!

- Open the damn door, Burke. Let us in!
- lululul

This'd be funny, but I also kinda like the idea. What if they made a mode within an open playing field where one random person has to sabotage the team? A bit like Among Us, only with aliens. :P

Corporal Hicks

Burke mode.  :P I could dig it.

Kimo

Kimo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 12, 2021, 08:35:22 AM
Burke mode.  :P I could dig it.

Burke mode lol.

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 12, 2021, 06:02:10 AM
I can't stand looter shooters, I sincerely hope Fireteam isn't one.

If you watched the 25 mins of gameplays, all signs point to yes. 

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 12, 2021, 05:30:15 PM

Have you noticed the loot that drops from xenomorphs? Or crates?

PAS Spinelli

The Xenos dont seem to drop loot, all loot seems to be level locked or in hidden staches

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

3 players is a little weird, not sure why they wouldn't do 4. In any case let's see if they can make this one good. I'm hopeful, but hope is the first step on the road to disappointment so we'll see how it goes. Good luck to the devs and may we be blessed with a good Aliens game.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Drukathi on Mar 12, 2021, 06:22:09 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 12, 2021, 05:30:15 PM

Have you noticed the loot that drops from xenomorphs? Or crates?

Random crates spread throughout the levels that include different customization features for weapons, armor, clothing, etc is very much in line with looter shooters.  Since they didnt proceed to the next level, there is also no telling what you can do with your end level exp to develop your class customization either. Class specialization is also something very in line with looter shooters.   

I think its a good call that the Xenos dont drop loot because that wouldnt make sense, but synthetics and corporate enemies, that could be a different story.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: Deathbearer on Mar 12, 2021, 10:14:23 PM
3 players is a little weird, not sure why they wouldn't do 4. In any case let's see if they can make this one good. I'm hopeful, but hope is the first step on the road to disappointment so we'll see how it goes. Good luck to the devs and may we be blessed with a good Aliens game.

it does feel like a really odd number but the levels might get too cramped to play with more than 3 people

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think sometimes they go for the lower squad size for lag/framerate issues. 

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

Quote from: Deathbearer on Mar 12, 2021, 10:14:23 PM

Three players is what you have in a squad for a lot of activities in Destiny. And the squads in Destiny are literally named "Fireteams" so that seems to be where some of the inspiration is coming from.

As others have said, to get the best out of Destiny you really need to have friends and play the endgame content like the raids, dungeons, prison of elders, etc. That is where you are going to get the best content because of the teamwork, class ability importance and so on. That is also where most of the good loot is so that was another good reason to play it. If you just play the story mode and do it by yourself, it would be quite an underwhelming experience and I'm sure that's why a lot of people say they don't like the game.

I also agree with others that it can be bad to try to do story levels with other people if they are talking and zipping through plot points and telling you how to do everything since they have beaten it already. So therefore you would need to have good friends that would play it the right way. Or try to do it like mentioned earlier and beat the campaign by yourself and then play with others after that since it would be just for fun and not as serious. I usually tried to do this with the Destiny campaign (for what it was) and it worked out pretty well. We will just have to see how viable a strategy that is for this upcoming game.

Quote from: PsyKore on Mar 12, 2021, 07:26:20 AM
Quote from: Drukathi on Mar 10, 2021, 06:13:09 PM
Quote from: Xeno Black on Mar 10, 2021, 12:31:12 AM
Second that would lead to some horrible trolling!

- Open the damn door, Burke. Let us in!
- lululul

This'd be funny, but I also kinda like the idea. What if they made a mode within an open playing field where one random person has to sabotage the team? A bit like Among Us, only with aliens. :P

That sounds like it would be similar to the Legendary Encounters game from Upper Deck where you can have a company operative trying to sabotage the group while they are still attempting to finish their mission. You don't know who is the saboteur until they choose to reveal themselves and there are even special evil objective cards to make them more powerful! Unfortunately I still haven't been able to try this mode yet because it is already so difficult the few people that I am able to play with have not wanted to try it. But I still have hope since it sounds interesting  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

A lot of people also don't like it because it's FOMO trash.

Machiko Naguchi

Well that is your opinion. There are obviously tons of people that like it to varying degrees. That is why there are a lot of different types of games for different types of people. I'm sure many people don't like your favorite type of games either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed