25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage

Started by Adam802, Mar 04, 2021, 05:01:48 PM

Author
25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage (Read 30,485 times)

judge death

judge death

Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2021, 01:07:04 AM
Quote from: judge death on Mar 08, 2021, 11:51:30 PM
Quote from: Andy79 on Mar 08, 2021, 10:31:02 PM
Let's not forget that the whole warrior and drone thing was born from James Cameron's decision to take the smooth head off because they broke easily. I'm happy to be corrected, but I don't think warriors grow into drones - that's just our imaginations isn't it, trying to explain the difference between Cameron's and Scott's versions. I've got all the movies and comics - but I admit I've not read all the novels. Is there any actual in-universe stuff that states warriors and drones are different? Because I thought it was just a special effects team decision. Happy to be corrected if there's any evidence to the contrary.
According to cameron himself and some of the books: Drones/lurker or whatever you call them: As they age they get the ridged head, afterall drones and warriors have same body and size etc, just the head and camerons aliens having these arm blades, okay the feet is slightly different but all of it can be explained by they are a few days old and matured.

then theres tons of different theories depending on which comics and games you see as canon.

Cameron's drones were small albino versions of the warrior Alien that tend the Queen. 

The terms drone/ warrior/ soldier whatever are effectively interchangeable. Or at least they were until they need different varieties for games.

Cameron explained his differences in Cinefex as being a mutation or different generation.  He later agreed with a fan's assertion that the differences could also be due to the creatures age.

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Mar 09, 2021, 12:01:16 AM
What thing that I didn't see is welding doors, I really wanna be able to weld doors

While an Alien is trying to bash it down.  :)
there were never any albino xenos in the movie....

SuperiorIronman

At one point they had intended an albino alien. I think a couple of times where Big Chap was white(ish) and Aliens in one iteration had them. I think Neca did a figure of that.

SM

SM

Quote from: judge death on Mar 09, 2021, 01:28:01 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2021, 01:07:04 AM
Quote from: judge death on Mar 08, 2021, 11:51:30 PM
Quote from: Andy79 on Mar 08, 2021, 10:31:02 PM
Let's not forget that the whole warrior and drone thing was born from James Cameron's decision to take the smooth head off because they broke easily. I'm happy to be corrected, but I don't think warriors grow into drones - that's just our imaginations isn't it, trying to explain the difference between Cameron's and Scott's versions. I've got all the movies and comics - but I admit I've not read all the novels. Is there any actual in-universe stuff that states warriors and drones are different? Because I thought it was just a special effects team decision. Happy to be corrected if there's any evidence to the contrary.
According to cameron himself and some of the books: Drones/lurker or whatever you call them: As they age they get the ridged head, afterall drones and warriors have same body and size etc, just the head and camerons aliens having these arm blades, okay the feet is slightly different but all of it can be explained by they are a few days old and matured.

then theres tons of different theories depending on which comics and games you see as canon.

Cameron's drones were small albino versions of the warrior Alien that tend the Queen. 

The terms drone/ warrior/ soldier whatever are effectively interchangeable. Or at least they were until they need different varieties for games.

Cameron explained his differences in Cinefex as being a mutation or different generation.  He later agreed with a fan's assertion that the differences could also be due to the creatures age.

What thing that I didn't see is welding doors, I really wanna be able to weld doors

While an Alien is trying to bash it down.  :)
there were never any albino xenos in the movie....

Correct.

However...

INT. EGG CHAMBER                        175

A massive silhouette in the mist, the ALIEN QUEEN
      glowers over her eggs like a great, glistening black
      insect-Buddha.  What's bigger and meaner than the
      Alien?  His momma.  Her fanged head is an unimaginable
      horror.  Her six limbs, the four arms and two
      powerful legs, are folded grotesquely over her
      distended abdomen.  The egg-filled abdomen swells
      and swells into a great pulsing tubular sac, suspended
      from a lattice of pipes and conduits by a weblike
      membrane as if some vast coil of intestine were draped
      carelessly among the machinery.  Ripley realizes
      she ducked under part of it a moment before.  Inside
      the abdominal sac can be SEEN the forms of countless
      eggs, churning their way toward the pulsating ovipositor
      where they emerge glistening, to be picked up by
      DRONES.  The drones are tiny scuttling albino versions
      of the "warrior" aliens we have already seen.

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 09, 2021, 01:45:06 AM
At one point they had intended an albino alien. I think a couple of times where Big Chap was white(ish) and Aliens in one iteration had them. I think Neca did a figure of that.

Indeed they did.
They missed the word "tiny" though.

Local Trouble

Those are some wee praetorians.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 09, 2021, 02:08:51 AM
Those are some wee praetorians.

I think those are the Jumpers. The Praetorians can be seen in the trailer but not the demo.

JayHy17

JayHy17

Just a heads up, I was chatting with Ryan McCaffery from IGN on Twitter a little while ago. He informed me that tomorrow we will get a new article about the game and another video this week as well. Sounds like we will get both an article and video each week for the month of March. Just thought I'd share this little tid bit of info for you folks. 

https://twitter.com/dmc_ryan/status/1369078621550252033?s=21

Haven't been back to the forums is some time, hope you all are doing well :)

-Jay

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: JayHy17 on Mar 09, 2021, 03:21:25 AM
Just a heads up, I was chatting with Ryan McCaffery from IGN on Twitter a little while ago. He informed me that tomorrow we will get a new article about the game and another video this week as well. Sounds like we will get both an article and video each week for the month of March. Just thought I'd share this little tid bit of info for you folks. 

https://twitter.com/dmc_ryan/status/1369078621550252033?s=21

Haven't been back to the forums is some time, hope you all are doing well :)

-Jay

Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to those. And welcome back!

BlueMarsalis79

Bloody dumb name even if it is good.

Corporal Hicks

That's in the demo. But the model is in the way of the weld.

BlueMarsalis79

We see them open doors but not close them though, and I believe it's that he's referring to, but correct me if I'm mistaken.

PVTDukeMorrison

No you're on the money, there was a mod for colonial marines that let you weld almost all doors and it was awesome in bughunt

Vers

Vers

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Mar 09, 2021, 03:20:44 PM
No you're on the money, there was a mod for colonial marines that let you weld almost all doors and it was awesome in bughunt

That sounds amazing.

Xeno Black

Xeno Black

I think if we where able to weld shut every door it would be a nightmare!

First it would probably be a class specific item.

Second that would lead to some horrible trolling!

Corporal Hicks

One of the devs talked about this, but I can't find the damn screencap! Was on their Discord, I think.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xeno Black on Mar 10, 2021, 12:31:12 AM
I think if we where able to weld shut every door it would be a nightmare!

First it would probably be a class specific item.

Second that would lead to some horrible trolling!

:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed