Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Started by Shasvre, Nov 29, 2018, 01:11:28 AM

Author
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Read 10,005 times)

Shasvre

Couldn't find a thread for this.

Release Date: February 7, 2020

Margot Robbie is returning as Harley Quinn. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is Huntress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell is Black Canary and Rosie Perez is Renee Montoya. Ewan McGregor will play the villain Black Mask.

Whiskeybrewer

Fleshwound

I think it is an awful title myself. Why does it need a subtitle?

Shasvre

Shasvre

MudButt

Interesting.

I figure they did it because filming has started and they wanted to get ahead of leaked set photos going forward.

Hoping we do get a Black Mask on Black Mask.  8)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

the real question is will it be as organically cringe as suicide squad

MudButt

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jan 28, 2019, 06:42:43 PM

You'd hope not since it's a different director and writer. I think DC is trying to turn over a new leaf.

Nightmare Asylum

Omega. If you haven't yet, see Aquaman. Only DCEU thing that matters at all (and the only one that's any good; I had such a great time watching it), and it has some really really fun creature stuff that you'd dig.

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 28, 2019, 07:57:39 PM

Omega. If you haven't yet, see Aquaman. Only DCEU thing that matters at all (and the only one that's any good; I had such a great time watching it), and it has some really really fun creature stuff that you'd dig.

NA, you didn't like Wonder Woman?

I did really enjoy Aquaman though. Super stoked for Shazam, WW84, and Birds of Prey if they continue to just focus on the movie and not setting up a universe.

Nightmare Asylum

Wonder Woman was... fine. I found it to be bland, and then at the end it basically just descended into Snyder-influenced schlock. It was the best thing they had prior to Aquaman, but I still didn't care for it much despite admirable efforts from Jenkins and Gadot.

I thought Man of Steal was so bad that I never bothered with Snyder's other two DCEU films (and even pre-MoS, I wasn't a Zack Snyder fan), and found Suicide Squad to be such an incomprehensible mess that I'd barely even consider it a movie.

Then came Aquaman and it just blew me away and I had so much fun with it. I seriously can't wait to get it on Blu. Only real issue I had with Aquaman is a sort of sloppy first act as it is finding its sea-legs (heh) but once it gets its bearings, the whole ride is a blast. The Trenchhhhhhhhh!!!!

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 28, 2019, 08:09:27 PM
Wonder Woman was... fine. I found it to be bland, and then at the end it basically just descended into Snyder-influenced schlock. It was the best thing they had prior to Aquaman, but I still didn't care for it much despite admirable efforts from Jenkins and Gadot.

I thought Man of Steal was so bad that I never bothered with Snyder's other two DCEU films (and even pre-MoS, I wasn't a Zack Snyder fan), and found Suicide Squad to be such an incomprehensible mess that I'd barely even consider it a movie.

Then came Aquaman and it just blew me away and I had so much fun with it. I seriously can't wait to get it on Blu.

Interesting. I really liked Wonder Woman but the 3rd act does turn into a Snyder-film. Although I really do enjoy Man of Steel a lot. My interest in BvS and Suicide Squad has gone down so much as time has gone on. Initial viewing reaction was positive for me but since I've seen it on cable I have found myself unable to get through the movie.

Aquaman was a ton of fun though. I came out pretty stoked for that character going forward.

Immortan Jonesy

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

you're the first one that recommends it to me, everyone so far told me it's garbo

I'll give it a shot when it comes out on br

MudButt

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jan 30, 2019, 12:37:15 AM
you're the first one that recommends it to me, everyone so far told me it's garbo

It's actually pretty fun. The VFX are awesome and the movie is really different from everything else in the DCEU so far.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jan 30, 2019, 12:37:15 AM

Honestly I fully expected garbage given DC's track record, and the first act is admittedly a bit wonky with some awkward flashbacks and whatnot, but for some reason I just had way too much fun with it.

Spoiler

this swimmy boi here is one big reason
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed