A Quiet Place

Started by ace3g, Nov 17, 2017, 01:24:39 AM

Author
A Quiet Place (Read 12,184 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I finally managed to catch this at the weekend. I really enjoyed it. Thought it was a well put together film with a really interesting premise behind it. Didn't find it overly scary though - which disappointed me a little.

Immortan Jonesy

Lionhart

Lionhart

Just saw it, I liked it alot.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 28, 2018, 09:16:58 PM
Just saw it, I liked it alot.
Remarkable how long it's been running in theaters. That should speak volumes about its novelty.

Wysps

Wysps

I thought it was great.  A bit slow paced at times and had some jump scares that I didn't appreciate (ha ha), but overall it was worth the watch.  I especially liked their conservative use of sound - it added to the tension of the movie and made you focus on the story being told (rather than try to wade through unnecessary or uninspired background music).

Ingwar

Ingwar

Really enjoyed this movie.

This is how yo make a small budget suspense horror/thriller.

Budget: $17 million
Box office: $328 million

Kimo

Kimo

Just watched this and loved it... Don't go into this, looking to nitpicks or to over analyse it cos you will find loads. Just enjoy this movie for what it is and it's a surprisingly fun film that will rise ur anxiety.
Spoiler
That f**king nail in the stairs lol.
[close]

Just think Alien Isolation when the alien is tracking you down by sound, but cross it with the Lickers from Resident Evil 2 (game) and set it a post apocalyptic Earth like the Last of Us or The Walking Dead and you get this film... Well that's what I got from it.

Spoiler
I never had a problem with ending but some people might think it ends too soon.
[close]

Highland

Highland

A near perfect film for me. Can't really fault anything and loved the ending. Very subtle and if anything it would have ruined it if they took it past that point.

Probably the best film I've seen this year.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah great movie. Very good directing and acting, pacing is perfect. A real immersive experience, real cinema !

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

QuoteI don't even see it as a sequel. Emily actually blew my mind by categorizing it the correct way after I pitched it to her. She said, "This isn't a sequel at all — this is the second book in a series of books. It's a widening of a world."

https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/1068508823097364481

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

QuoteBut the idea for it is pretty simple. I'm writing now—I don't have it fleshed out—but the thought that occurred to me, that really excited me about it, was that most sequels are about the return of a hero or a villain. You take this character that people loved once and you bring them back, and you have to create a new world around them. We have the exact opposite setup. We have the world, and you can drop whoever you want into that world and everyone feels connected to it. The reason I decided to go back, in the end, was this world is so rich, and it's so much fun to explore. There are so many different things to see now. Everyone else in the world is experiencing this, so I'm curious to see what that looks like from another perspective.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1079364401214283777

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

QuoteParamount was asking a bunch of writers and directors what they might do with it, and to their credit, they didn't take any of those pitches because they felt a little more franchise-y. Meanwhile, I had this tiny idea that fit that world and could be exciting. Paramount asked if I would write it and I'm doing that now, but I'm still thinking about what I want to do next. If I can crack the idea, I would love to direct it again, and if I can't, I would love to give it to someone else with my fingerprints on it to make sure it's being taken care of.

I know that anyone reading this will be like, "Yeah right, art guy," but I do have sort of a parental feeling about this movie, and I don't want "A Quiet Place" to turn into an action movie where 400 people have machine guns. Or did I give away the ending to the sequel?

https://twitter.com/nytimesarts/status/1081399164536320000

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

I adored this movie! Didn't see a trailer before going in and didn't really know what I was walking into. Such a pleasant surprise, made me realise that I need to watch less trailers and movie clips before a movies release. I'll agree with some comments in regards to the movie not being that scary, but hell was it tense!! A beautifully crafted movie and really looking forward to the sequel. Probably in my top 10 movies of 2018, yet to compile a list for my channel, but one will be coming soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed