Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

Started by PierreVW, Jul 12, 2017, 01:29:09 AM

Author
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) (Read 6,311 times)

Gazz

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 18, 2018, 08:00:26 PM
It's like 2 minutes hate from Orwell's 1984.  People don't know why they are hating, except for media propaganda.  They never even knew Charles Manson, or Hitler.  So it's not the issue of responsibility.  I don't buy all the lies surrounding these people, not that I sing their praises either.  The people that are often touted as 'heroes' or 'great leaders' are often the true villains in this world.  History is full of lies, but then again many believe unquestionably.  Back to 2 minutes hate, don't let me interrupt your hate.

(Then again people are going to misinterpret what I say, as usual)

The f**k are you yabbering about?

Huggs

Quote from: Gazz on Jun 18, 2018, 09:40:01 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 18, 2018, 08:00:26 PM
It's like 2 minutes hate from Orwell's 1984.  People don't know why they are hating, except for media propaganda.  They never even knew Charles Manson, or Hitler.  So it's not the issue of responsibility.  I don't buy all the lies surrounding these people, not that I sing their praises either.  The people that are often touted as 'heroes' or 'great leaders' are often the true villains in this world.  History is full of lies, but then again many believe unquestionably.  Back to 2 minutes hate, don't let me interrupt your hate.

(Then again people are going to misinterpret what I say, as usual)

The f**k are you yabbering about?

I think that there exists in some individuals, such a deep-seated and fundamental distrust of the system and of all those people in positions of physical, financial and intellectual power, that it becomes impossible to fully trust in anyone else's account of anything.

What lies have ever been told about hitler, must've been that he was actually a nice dude or something. Same for Manson. It's not hard to manipulate people, especially people that are easily manipulated. Ask any con-man living today.

I know one thing for certain though, Hitler was pure evil. There are no evil things possible under the sun that he likely didn't cause in some fashion to happen to somebody somewhere. He was quite possibly the single most disgusting human being to ever exist in the history of our species. The things we know for certain to be undisputable fact, are enough to brand him so. And he deserves every nasty thing that can ever be said about him. So if there ever indeed was one "true villain" of and in humanity, it was that crazy bastard. There are simply no lies regarding him, he was just actually that bad.

Ingwar

Scorpio

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 18, 2018, 11:18:07 PM

I know one thing for certain though, Hitler was pure evil.

How do you know this for certain?  By describing something as 'pure evil' brings you no closer to understanding it.  There is context for everything.  I'm no fan of Hitler, but to say he's 'pure evil', what are you talking about? 

Same with Charles Manson, Hitler is not actually known to have killed anyone.  Putting the entire blame on him just misses the point completely.  But what the hell he is the Hollywood villain of history.  Back to 2 minutes hate.

Local Trouble

KiramidHead

Because I finally have a use for this clip:

:laugh:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 28, 2018, 12:55:25 AM
How do you know this for certain?  By describing something as 'pure evil' brings you no closer to understanding it.  There is context for everything.  I'm no fan of Hitler, but to say he's 'pure evil', what are you talking about? 

Same with Charles Manson, Hitler is not actually known to have killed anyone.  Putting the entire blame on him just misses the point completely.  But what the hell he is the Hollywood villain of history.  Back to 2 minutes hate.

Pure evil or not it does't matter. What matters is that both were seriously f**ked up human beings (if we can call them humans). Nobody puts entire blame on them. People who killed for Manson were bad as well. When it comes to Hitler it was more complex. It was economical crisis, poverty, politics and the system.

Ingwar

QuoteNow, Tarantino has found his young Polanski in Rafal Zawierucha - an actor of Polish heritage (matching the infamous director he's portraying) - who's mostly unknown beyond his home country. Even after glancing at his IMDb page, this writer would be lying if he claimed any of the roles listed on Zawierucha's resume were remotely familiar. Yet inexperience in the States doesn't matter when it comes to Tarantino, as he put imported up-and-comers like Michael Fassbender, Christoph Waltz and Daniel Brühl to work in Inglourious Basterds.

More here: https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/08/27/twas-the-summer-of-69-quentin-tarantino-finds-his-roman-polanski

Huntsman

This is going to be good.

Vermillion

Wow some extremely good talent!
Nice work QT!

Huntsman

I liked The Hateful Eight as much as Pulp Fiction. A real stageplay driven by cracking dialogue, plot creativity and acting.
Quentin hasn't lost his touch. Apparently this script is meant to be amazing - one of his best ever.

MudButt

The cast is top notch. I'm super excited for this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed