Snowpiercer

Started by ace3g, Jan 03, 2013, 03:31:10 AM

Author
Snowpiercer (Read 41,642 times)

ace3g

ace3g

QuoteTime to start the hype. One of my own most anticipated movies of 2013 is this one, Snowpiercer, a sci-fi thriller set on a futuristic massive train traveling through a futuristic post-apocalyptic ice age. It's directed by Korean filmmaker Bong Joon-ho and stars quite an eclectic cast, but still sounds damn good, which is why I've been covering it so closely. It's based on a French graphic novel called Transperceneige which is the only imagery we've been referencing since we first heard about it back in 2009. However, our friends at The Film Stage stumbled across a teaser site with concept art for the movie, finally being released this year.

The Korean website is a quick tease featuring some of Marco Beltrami's rather intense score playing over a few flashes of concept art of the giant snow train, inside and outside, as well as a fun photo of Bong Joon-ho at work directing. Argh, I wish we could see even more! I'm so frickin' excited for this movie, it looks/seems so damn cool. And this tease is just enough to keep me on edge, but still doesn't show much at all. Here are all of the key images rounded up via TFS as found on that Snowpiercer Korean teaser website

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/first-tease-at-concept-art-imagey-from-joon-hos-snowpiercer/?uid=95a3d74d8c4c94120cf258cccf42e8eaf2aa9df8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRX2TbbnH9U#ws

ShadowPred

Aspie

Aspie

Impressive cast.

ace3g

Cvalda

Cvalda

If Hollywood doesn't derail Bong Joon-ho's vision, this is probably going to be the best science fiction film of the decade. The man is a genius.

Gate

Gate

Not to complain( i really do like this concept and genre) but I feel like the age of "apocalypse" movies are coming to a head and it's going to be the next trend.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Host was amazing and I love the concept art and cast for this. :)

Cvalda

Cvalda

No other filmmaker to emerge in the 2000s features a resume this incredible: Memories of Murder (the greatest serial killer film since Silence of the Lambs), The Host (best kaiju/monster movie of the decade, certainly among the best of all time) and Mother, one of the best films of the decade, period. He's sort of like a Korean Quentin Tarantino, taking shopworn film genres, turning them inside out and brilliantly reinventing them. The fact that he has a Hollywood budget and cast is extremely exciting.

Vickers

Vickers

Prepare for some eye candy:

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

My eyes...they taste the sugar!

Alien³

Alien³

Hooked.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Sounds fantastic.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Can't wait.  ;D

Hubbs

Hubbs

I don't get it, a massive train containing the last survivors of earth? eh? where's the train going? why? who built the track and how!!!?? judging by the artwork it looks like a rather huge feat to have been undertaken. Does the train just go around the earth? has is it powered? where do they get food supplies etc...? was this track built before or after the end of civilization? etc....

I realize its early days but these things instantly spring to mind as the story sounds bizarre. Original though I give it that.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Looks awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed