Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 313,289 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Nov 16, 2021, 07:31:45 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 16, 2021, 05:35:09 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 16, 2021, 04:14:41 PM
IDK, just a really sudden feeling, and the setting that could favor that also. I mean, possible europeans columnists arriving at one point in the movie, the heroin and predator ending up in an unneasy alliance... I could totally see that happening.

Hmm.

The question is will Naru be saying those magical words to the Elder, only for the Elder to repeat those magical words to Harrigan so many years later....

https://66.media.tumblr.com/22bb214b6dbd8809ba1ee79ae5122e00/tumblr_ny735v58P41uk3oooo1_400.gif

Idk about Predator allying itself with the tribe, as there is no real motivation I can see a Predator to do so, rather instead I can see desperate Spaniards allying with Naru and her tribe to be rid of the creature that was also hunting them too. Teeth clenching teamwork trope, ya know?

Oh and that's a surprising thought Voodoo, I didn't think you would want to retcon such a great comic book classic?

I'd actually prefer that.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 17, 2021, 12:00:56 PM
You heathen! :D Digital coloring? Bah! 1718 should be held up high for its oil painted pages alone! Those are gallery pieces!

https://i.ibb.co/7JNKzfs/vagj-Nm-Pn-2109191451051gpadd.jpg

Oil painted ? Looks more like combination of watercolors, color penciles and some ink to me

I've juist done some bit of Wikipedia reading on 1718's artist, Igor Kordej, and found this:

QuoteBecause of his speed as an artist, at his peak, Kordej was producing artwork for three or four monthly books at the same time. However, as a result, he has attracted heavy criticism for the quality of his art, especially from the readers. Eventually he got fired from Marvel in April 2004.

Marvel fired somebody 'cause of his/her artwork's quality ? Big f**king LOL

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 17, 2021, 03:23:52 PM
Oil painted ? Looks more like combination of watercolors, color penciles and some ink to me

Yeah, definitely possible. The current owner of this piece indicated it was oil, but I can't personally swear by it.

Gorgeous, whatever the medium.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 17, 2021, 09:30:29 AM
I'm not so bothered with 1718 being retconned either. The comics are in support of theatrical, so it's not unusual that this happens. I enjoy 1718 but it's never been one of those ones I hold on up high personally.

I mean it would be neat, going by what Voodoo said, if that 1718 mini story actually became the opener to Prey. Kind of like that deleted beginning sequence in AVP where we had that once scene of the Whaling Station in the early 1900s. 

ace3g

ace3g

Grain of salt from IMDb cast listing:

CJ Collard    ...    French Trapper

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: ace3g on Nov 19, 2021, 03:36:16 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWcSGhAL6YL/

Grain of salt from IMDb cast listing:

CJ Collard    ...    French Trapper

That's a cool hat Dan's got there.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Six fingered men near me... Wait... What ?

And a french trapper, here we go with the europeans.

SiL

SiL

Inigo Montaya is a character whose father was killed by a six fingered man and seeks revenge.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 19, 2021, 11:52:14 AM
And a french trapper, here we go with the europeans.

Master

Master

I'm cool with that. Predator was always drawn to the conflict. And that was one hell of a conflict.

ace3g

ace3g

Last photo you can see Harlo wearing same crew hoodie

Quote from: ace3g on Nov 19, 2021, 03:36:16 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWcSGhAL6YL/

Still trying to figure out who Alex is from the 2nd photo.  Not seeing anyone with that name in that crew listings so far.

SuperiorIronman

If I had to deal with another retcon, fine. It's in service to the films not the other way around even if the films tend to adapt stuff from the extended lore.

That all being said you could still have 1718 kind of work with a name change or they just happened to have the same name given Hunting Grounds does have a flintlock trophy. So unlike the situation with Weyland you could have both still work. More than one Predator has a flintlock trophy and while it might not be Greyback anymore, Golden Angel could be its own character now having encountered his own Adolini. People can have the same name, it's just not the same Adolini as the one Greyback encounters. Alternatively for any reprint they could change the name to fit in whatever canon they go for.

We could easily have Adolini the pirate, and Adolini whatever he is if he's in Prey.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 20, 2021, 02:29:02 PM
If I had to deal with another retcon, fine. It's in service to the films not the other way around even if the films tend to adapt stuff from the extended lore.

That all being said you could still have 1718 kind of work with a name change or they just happened to have the same name given Hunting Grounds does have a flintlock trophy. So unlike the situation with Weyland you could have both still work. More than one Predator has a flintlock trophy and while it might not be Greyback anymore, Golden Angel could be its own character now having encountered his own Adolini. People can have the same name, it's just not the same Adolini as the one Greyback encounters. Alternatively for any reprint they could change the name to fit in whatever canon they go for.

We could easily have Adolini the pirate, and Adolini whatever he is if he's in Prey.

Introducing a different flintlock trophy into the Predator film franchise and it not being THE flintlock, is not a good idea in my opinion... and would cause more unnecessary general confusion than I'm willing to endure.

SiL

SiL

I always thought 1718 was a super disposable one shot and am genuinely surprised to see people worried about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed