Jack Palgen to Write the Script

Started by Aspie, Jun 17, 2013, 11:43:47 PM

Author
Jack Palgen to Write the Script (Read 53,801 times)

Aspie

Cvalda

Cvalda

Phase II of Development Hell begins.

Aspie

Aspie

I dunno, I've seen a lot of movies go into development Hell, and what I've so far from Prometheus doesn't fit the bill. :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

How do you figure that?

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 17, 2013, 11:48:38 PM
How do you figure that?

Despite not having a greenlight, it's still  generating a ton of interest from Fox. Which wouldn't be extraordinary if the first one didn't make $400 million worldwide and 3 times it's budget. Still being a slight financial disappointment, it just looks like Fox is trying to be more cautious. There's no production conflicts or cast fallouts. Now that a writer has been hired, it just works to be additional fuel for the project.

Unlike my Meg film, which has hired several writers, producers, directors, etc. But everything keeps failing because there's no successful contemporaries to justify it's budget. And it hasn't received any verbal commitment from a movie studio, which I believe Fox has given Prometheus 2 or whatever it's called several times.

Cvalda

Cvalda

This also has had its original writer jump ship, rumors now circulating that Scott won't be returning to direct, no greenlight, and their new hired screenwriter has only one yet-to-be-released credit to his name and will probably just be the first of many writers in a revolving door. :P

Aspie

Aspie

Wow, I don't even remember making this thread! <_<

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 18, 2013, 12:12:47 AM
This also has had its original writer jump ship, rumors now circulating that Scott won't be returning to direct, no greenlight, and their new hired screenwriter has only one yet-to-be-released credit to his name and will probably just be the first of many writers in a revolving door. :P

It is undoubtedly having it's developmental difficulties at this point, a few of which are reminiscent of a developmental hell birth, I'm just saying I'm less worried because of the positive feedback currently coming back from Fox and the financial success of the first one.

And Lindelof leaving doesn't bother me a bit :P

cloverfan98

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 18, 2013, 12:30:55 AM

It is undoubtedly having it's developmental difficulties at this point, a few of which are reminiscent of a developmental hell birth, I'm just saying I'm less worried because of the positive feedback currently coming back from Fox and the financial success of the first one.

It bothers me because it feels like his whole plan to hijack the Alien Prequel and turn it into his grand Prometheus trilogy and answer all of the questions he raised in the first film in the sequel but no he just didn't care.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Jun 18, 2013, 12:45:00 AM
It bothers me because it feels like his whole plan to hijack the Alien Prequel and turn it into his grand Prometheus trilogy and answer all of the questions he raised in the first film in the sequel but no he just didn't care.
what

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 18, 2013, 01:33:53 AM
Quote from: cloverfan98 on Jun 18, 2013, 12:45:00 AM
what

QuoteHas Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 18, 2013, 12:30:55 AM

You don't remember? What shenanigans have you been up to, Aspie?

Other than that I agree with you. Lindelof not returning isn't a bad thing, and we can't quite call Development Hell on the film at this point. If we get to the end of the year and nothing has progressed, then we can definitely claim it to be in Development Hell.

SM

SM

It's only in development hell if they're actively trying to get shit done and it's not getting done.  No one really knows how actively this is being pursued at present.  Riddles has always got a dozen balls in the air anyway.

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 18, 2013, 12:02:00 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 17, 2013, 11:48:38 PM
How do you figure that?

Despite not having a greenlight, it's still  generating a ton of interest from Fox. Which wouldn't be extraordinary if the first one didn't make $400 million worldwide and 3 times it's budget. Still being a slight financial disappointment, it just looks like Fox is trying to be more cautious. There's no production conflicts or cast fallouts. Now that a writer has been hired, it just works to be additional fuel for the project.

Unlike my Meg film, which has hired several writers, producers, directors, etc. But everything keeps failing because there's no successful contemporaries to justify it's budget. And it hasn't received any verbal commitment from a movie studio, which I believe Fox has given Prometheus 2 or whatever it's called several times.
Should be called "Paradise" in my opinion.

SM

SM

If it's to be a trilogy call it Purgatory.

SiL

SiL

Man, let's not drag Dante through this mud while we're at it.

Nightmare Asylum

Interesting that they're going with a guy who, until Transcendence comes out next year, hasn't been attached to a single movie.

More Ridley manipulating the writers? Probably. But there's always the chance that Palgen could be a cool up-and-coming writer with an interesting vision for a sequel. I'll remain cautiously optimistic for the time being.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed