AvP PC Patch #2 Coming Monday

Started by ikarop, Feb 25, 2010, 05:55:36 PM

Author
AvP PC Patch #2 Coming Monday (Read 15,272 times)

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

hey guys, noob question here, how do i run avp in directx 10 mode. i only see dx9 and dx11. ?

run it normally and it should run dx10, you can pick dx11 just dont use the effects and its dx10 anyway :P

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

thts strange because i get a black screen when i run it, i can use dx10 on crysis. i dont understand   ???   any ideas?

CONKERSBADFURDAY

@Drakolowe
If memory serves me right, the game does not run in dx10 due to errors. So you'll have to run it in dx9 or dx11, I'm pretty sure dx10 is out of the question right now. This may have been fixed though, and if that's the case, then I'm not sure what you should do.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It does run in DX 10: Select DX 11 and it migrates all DX 10-applicable features.

left4theXeno

left4theXeno

Will there be an XBOX 360 Patch too???
  ???      ???      ???      ???      ???      ???      ???    
That would be great   :)  

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

and then why do i get a black screen when i choose dx11. passed days iv used dx10 in games b4.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

your hardware probably doesnt support it

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I certainly can't do DX 11 (don't have Windows 7), but it has to do the above for me, as it runs. There could be some other problem at work for you.

SableUk

SableUk

drakolowe, i have exactly the same problem- my graphics card can run direct x 10 fine, it runs cod mod 2 like a dream. however, as soon as i try and use direct x 10 on avp (through clicking on "run game in direct x 11) the game screws up, crashes frequently and for no apparent reason, and during cinematics, simply crashes. I have no idea why this is since my computer is far above the recommended specification. Any help would really be appreciated - seems like a bit of a waste of direct x 10,

SableUk

SableUk

by the way, did anyone think that the dead bodies firing pulse rifles was purposeful- i thought it was a pretty good effect, almost as if the dead body had gone into spasm or something.

d0mm2k8

d0mm2k8

Rare hangs? It happens all the time to me   :-\  

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

i dont have a clue what it is. i cant even play my game on reset to default. normal settings. it stutters/dx9. i prey this patch helps me out.
and for dx10, i give up   ???      :(  

SableUk

SableUk

anonymous, im sickened by your comment, but more so because I agree with it...avp2 actually feels a lot more polished (though probably because theyve had 10 years of polishing) i was also looking forward to alien lifecycle, it had so much potential.... wtf happened, i though they were boycotting steam?

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

just finished it and wow, just wow, the marine campaign has to have dlc or there has to be avp4, was disappointed with the ending of the alien campaign though, want more dr groves!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed