Kyle Brown Shares New Predator Killer Concept Art!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 11:03:45 AM

Author
Kyle Brown Shares New Predator Killer Concept Art! (Read 5,079 times)

Corporal Hicks

Back in October Will Kossman shared some artwork he did for explorations of the controversial Predator Killer suit that served as The Predator’s epilogue. Thanks to Kyle Brown, we’ve got a look at more exploration and conceptual artwork for the Predator Killer!

I was fortunate enough to work on Shane Black’s The Predator early on in production and once again in post. These were just a couple of rounds of sketches done for the Predator Killer suit seen in the film briefly. Huge props to the artists at ADI for their beautiful work on the film!

Predator Killer
Predator Killer
Predator Killer
Predator Killer
Predator Killer
Predator Killer
Predator Killer
Predator Killer

Matt Sloan, the visual effects supervisor for The Predator, previously spoke to Art of VFX about his work on the film and revealed that the Predator Killer concept came really late in the production that they only had two weeks to work on!

The final scene was another reshoot, very, very late in the schedule. We had two weeks to get the suit designed. We enlisted the Aaron Sims company and also the Hydraulx Art Dept. The final design was elements from both companies approved by Shane and the studio, then Hydraulx took over the design and began the build. By the time we had the re-shoots, we were less than two weeks out from delivery, so getting the design finale and the build underway was critical.

As the other vendors were going so hard on the other sequences we approached Hydraulx to complete the final sequence. Under the supervision of Colin Strause they managed to pull out the 17 shots needed for that sequence in under 2 weeks. I think it was 9 days from plate turnover to final delivery. It was pretty amazing work. We knew we would have 1 if any, iterations, so it was bit of a hail mary. But Hydraulx managed to pull it off and both the director and studio were very happy with the work.

Keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Still Collating...

Some of these designs aren't bad IMO. Most of them are a lot better than what we got in the end. As previously mentioned, I wouldn't mind if this was armor for a military type of predator, a heavy duty one. Some of them do stray into Kenner territory though... And I don't know how to feel about that. But a human suit? Doesn't work for me, sorry. The concept was bad from the start.

Naginata

I swear, you could populate the Mos Eisley Cantina ten times over using only the unused concept art from Alien and Predator movies.

Enjoy

A human inside of that is a joke. I would have taken a funny predator movie over a joke of a predator movie.
Sick burn.waited four years for this dumpster fire of a movie that happens to be A dumpster that was full of marijuana.. Meaning i like the movie but am fully aware it is a f**king mess.

The Shuriken

I like some of the plasma caster designs on those. Better than the Iowa class battleship cannons on the final design.

locusta

A few of the concepts are way better than the garbage what was in the movie. Of course, they are from the Aaron Sims Company.

Ah wait, the Straussie Brothers took over and did that screen used thingy? LOL

Voodoo Magic

I mentioned in the behind-the-scenes thread that I like this as a heavy duty, severe climate suit for a Predator.  But not for a human.

irn

QuoteColin Strause

Ah, it's all starting to make more sense now.

Corporal Hicks

Of all the artwork we've seen for the PK, I am really liking Kyle's concepts. Maybe not so much as a nano-suit for humans to wear, but as as a heavy duty Predator armour I do really dig it.

skull-splitter

Great art indeed, even though it is still a poor concept to begin with.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed Skull Splitter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed