Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 179,989 times)

0321recon

Perhaps with the sell coming to a close, we'll know the fate of the franchise and if Riddles gets to make his final prequel film. Crossing my fingers Watts does stay, so she can pull some strings and help get Awakening officially green lit.

Corporal Hicks

Once we know how the film division is going to be handled we'll have a better idea of what to expect. It is sounding likely that Fox will continue to function as it's own thing under Disney so we might not get much of a change to Alien and Predator.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

Whiskeybrewer

0321recon

0321recon

Perhaps the biggest change that we'll notice may just be the little subtitle on the bottom of logo instead of saying a 'A News Corporation Company' it will now say 'A Walt Disney Company ' :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

So I guess this means, like Star Wars, A/P comic contract rights will run out and eventually be moved to Marvel. (sigh)

The Old One

The Old One

My secret hope is they sell AVP to WB then Alien and Blade Runner can finally be legitimately connected.

Rubs grimy hands together.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 11, 2018, 01:26:50 PM
My secret hope is they sell AVP to WB then Alien and Blade Runner can finally be legitimately connected.

The Old One

The Old One

:laugh: FOOL.

Voodoo Magic

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 11, 2018, 01:26:50 PM

Rubs grimy hands together.

Good thing then that Blade Runner doesn't belong to Warner Brothers.

The Old One

The Old One

Don't know, I don't know such stuff. I just do eyes.

SM

Quote from: 0321recon on Oct 11, 2018, 11:42:13 AM
Perhaps the biggest change that we'll notice may just be the little subtitle on the bottom of logo instead of saying a 'A News Corporation Company' it will now say 'A Walt Disney Company ' :laugh:

I've been saying that since this was first announced.

0321recon

0321recon

Seems my wishes and others for the final prequel film have come to reality. Emma Watts is going to head Fox under the house of mouse, and answer directly to Alan Horn. Let's hope she pulls the strings to finish the trilogy.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/disney-absorbs-fox-executives-emma-watts-elizabeth-gabler-fox-searchlight-1202485406/

The Old One

The Old One

Hope so.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed