Cheaters

Started by molasar, Apr 28, 2020, 03:02:15 PM

Author
Cheaters (Read 2,624 times)

molasar

molasar

Have you stumbled upon players cheating in the game e.g. using dx11 wallhack chams on PC which is undetectable?

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/other-fps-games/383599-predator-hunting-grounds-wallhack-chams.html

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ugh...

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Me who thought the "anti cheat logo" thing was there for something ::)

molasar

molasar

It is worth paying an attention to it and perhaps making a list of those cheaters because it is hard to prove it without recording a match. Or just stop using a cross-play option with PCs.

Kailem

Kailem

Even though it was inevitable I'm still amazed at how quickly it's happened.

Though why anyone feels the need to cheat on the fire team to make the Predator even more visible I don't know. :P

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 28, 2020, 04:02:12 PM
Even though it was inevitable I'm still amazed at how quickly it's happened.

Though why anyone feels the need to cheat on the fire team to make the Predator even more visible I don't know. :P

They even used it in the trial.

razeak

razeak

That alone could be the death knell of a game built around stealth.

Kailem

Kailem

Guess I'll be turning off crossplay for a bit.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm a PC player and this is the first I'm hearing about this...pretty shitty to say the least. Hopefully they fix it quickly.

I'm not sure how common it is to match up with PC players though, I've only had a handful of other lobbies that have other PC players in them.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Apr 29, 2020, 12:51:46 PM
I'm a PC player and this is the first I'm hearing about this...pretty shitty to say the least. Hopefully they fix it quickly.

I'm not sure how common it is to match up with PC players though, I've only had a handful of other lobbies that have other PC players in them.

I do not think it can be fixed or detected by an anti-cheat software. The best way is to make an official list of cheaters on IllFonic forum and avoid to play with them.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: molasar on Apr 29, 2020, 03:59:03 PM

I do not think it can be fixed or detected by an anti-cheat software. The best way is to make an official list of cheaters on IllFonic forum and avoid to play with them.

Like every player in the world gonna check the list on the forum before playing ::)
This is the reason Dedicated server exist with ban list system.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 30, 2020, 05:42:58 AM

Like every player in the world gonna check the list on the forum before playing ::)

First you have to prove that they cheated before banning them.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: molasar on Apr 30, 2020, 08:18:30 AM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 30, 2020, 05:42:58 AM

First you have to prove that they cheated before banning them.

Not by necessity, there are many systems out there just to name a few:
*Players vote
*Server Admin command
*Auto cheat detection

The downside is some people get indeed banned from some server because the admin or the players just were in the mood that day.
The good side is you can play a game without someone insulting you every second or when you have strong cheating suspicion.

But it's not like it's very useful now seeing how the game balance is offset and you don't even need cheating as a Predator to win.
Even granting you perfect human vision+autoaim (which is unecessary because the predator makes noise and you can super spam the spotted key in the sound direction and the amount of people who have no idea how the cloak system work and move around thinking they are invisible) wouldn't do much against an experienced berzerker with combistick which barely use cloak or trees and can take all your hit even carefully timed and placed.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 30, 2020, 12:44:21 PM
Not by necessity, there are many systems out there just to name a few:
*Players vote
*Server Admin command
*Auto cheat detection

The downside is some people get indeed banned from some server because the admin or the players just were in the mood that day.
The good side is you can play a game without someone insulting you every second or when you have strong cheating suspicion.

But it's not like it's very useful now seeing how the game balance is offset and you don't even need cheating as a Predator to win.
Even granting you perfect human vision+autoaim (which is unecessary because the predator makes noise and you can super spam the spotted key in the sound direction and the amount of people who have no idea how the cloak system work and move around thinking they are invisible) wouldn't do much against an experienced berzerker with combistick which barely use cloak or trees and can take all your hit even carefully timed and placed.

It is still weird that some people sacrifice their own fun in gameplay and do these things.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I'm sure they have their reasons, just like I love to do maps for games and watch people have fun in it after.
What's sad is this "fun" is at the expanse of others' player fun.

I hope they resolve the matter quickly and implement a stronger system while they balance the game.
(and release a toolkit to make mods!)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed