Graphical Differences between PS4 and PC

Started by acrediblesource, Mar 29, 2020, 10:09:28 PM

Author
Graphical Differences between PS4 and PC (Read 1,373 times)

Le Celticant

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 03, 2020, 01:42:31 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 03, 2020, 11:22:00 AM
So what is the loophole of this game? BTW, I do not have any problem with criticism, but it has to be constructive.
People gonna mass leave game and it's going to be funny to come back here when I PM you one year from now and you won't be able to find matchmaking unless calling your friend and even then you'll remember how the gameplay is broken and no sequel is planned because the game... sold badly.

It's going to be funny?  Are you sure you're a Predator fan? 

Oh definitely not when it come to Predators and The Predator :D
Being a fan don't mean you have to desperately need to love everything Predator related, including that videos of soccer against an Alien ya all forgot about

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 03, 2020, 02:50:29 PM
So what is the loophole of this game? BTW, I do not have any problem with criticism, but it has to be constructive.
People gonna mass leave game and it's going to be funny to come back here when I PM you one year from now and you won't be able to find matchmaking unless calling your friend and even then you'll remember how the gameplay is broken and no sequel is planned because the game... sold badly.

Being a fan don't mean you have to desperately need to love everything Predator related, including that videos of soccer against an Alien ya all forgot about

No it doesn't. But being a fan also doesn't usually result in someone finding the situation you described as funny.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 03, 2020, 02:58:51 PM

No it doesn't. But being a fan also doesn't usually result someone finding the situation you described as funny.

To my point of view, after standing with the same critical thoughts on AVP2010, A;CM and Isolation and being told otherwise because "the game's not out" or "you're not a fan" I can today almost safely assume that yes, I find it funny, in an ironical way. Why should it be different this time? The pattern is exactly the same, I almost want to say to people "I told you so" but there aren't here anymore. Maybe Corporal Hicks has seen me complain the longest, even against these Strauses Brother who had the genuine idea to register here, try to defend their ideas and when they couldn't they vanished with somethign that ressembled "We are the true fan you know nothing about Predator and Alien blablabla".
So yeah, I have memories I find now pretty funny and I'm also so sad its at the expanse of the belief of some who thought otherwise and hated me for just having a standard that wouldn't get satisfy because you pack a Predator on a mug thinking you would make the finest tea ever.

But this is off topic,

Graphic differences is a thing but they shouldn't affect the gameplay.
Also graphic difference between Ultra and Low on a lot of today game are as quite evident as they used to be a decade ago. Sure there will be a difference but I doubt this will ever impact the experience. I think that's a thing you should be quite safe since most patches done are usually for game stability and smooth experience. I'm sure it'll be good on all platforms, it's where the focus usually go in development (even in the CGi industry, you'd be surprised how much time we spend on optimization to meet deadlines).

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 03, 2020, 03:13:41 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 03, 2020, 02:58:51 PM

No it doesn't. But being a fan also doesn't usually result someone finding the situation you described as funny.

To my point of view, after standing with the same critical thoughts on AVP2010, A;CM and Isolation and being told otherwise because "the game's not out" or "you're not a fan" I can today almost safely assume that yes, I find it funny, in an ironical way.

Again, it's fine to not like it, and it's your prerogative to spend more time posting your displeasure now in a couple of days than you have posted here in years - I don't think we heard from you on the topic of Hunting Grounds other than to rip it appart - but to sit here and find pleasure in possibly gloating to other Predator fans who enjoy the game about a possible mass exodus a year from now, bad sales and not finding players to play with, is very offputting among our community of fans... especially after you admitted you "love" Concrete Jungle, another Predator game that was received poorly by critics and in sales. That's what really what's funny, in an ironical way.

molasar

Well the way I see it, a monster, big explosion and no subtlety. But it's my opinion.
No reason to blame you or me.

Of course you can create your own jargon for everything. But who will understand you then?

Any game that fully develop its concept even as minimalist it can be.

P:HG is exactly this type of game.

I will have enough time to get everything I want from this game by that time. Yes, it is gonna be funny knowing you reading about my good memories of this game and you thinking about what you missed.  And no, the gameplay is not broken. You do not have to worry about me because I am not so sensitive like you.
Also there is a chance that the game will get some proper offline mode.

It's really not trying to be niche.
The game so far looks like it's trying to appeal to all audience which as usual will end up to appeal to no one.

Of course it is not trying because it is.
"looks like it's trying to appeal to all audience" It is hard to take you seriously now. No, it is not. It is not like Star Wars. It has gore elements and there is no SP campaign mode in it. Also it is aesthetically inspired by a film from 1987. Still a gazillion of gamers have not seen the first film but they have The Predator (2018), and it did not make them to see more.

Everything was pointing out that they were going to suck.
They did and are in a lot of aspects worse than their predecessor.

Oh, I just thought that you found them very special.

No you're kidding yourself, I have no idea how you manage to fill ideas I don't think.
I guess (it's a trend) your ultimate aim is to be right just for the sake of it. I don't care.
A:I is super repetitive, gameplay wise it barely breaks anything good mostly due to the way the AI becomes soon enough very unchallenging (and the whole concept is to hide from a big monster). What partially save the game is the attention to details that still has you on your toes because of how creepy it is. But yes, the gameplay is a half finished affair in this game and quickly vanish.
I'll also point that it lacks narrative elements in a game that's Single player only. A lot happens in the radio which disconnect the player to the objective.

My ultimate aim is the truth, not some fantasy.
It does not matter how challenging AI in A:I is because hiding and running is not enough. Just people like to have an option to fight back.

A game IS a cinematic experience, you are watching a screen broadcasting images.
Then you either commit to have it the best looking possible on every aspect or you don't and throw lootboxes.
I have childhood memories of this game, if I was going to play it again, I'm sure I wouldn't like it.
Part of it is I remember more my friends at the arcade than the game itself.
I think P:HG looks like a comic book, period. Your opinion differ, it's fine.

No, it is not. In gamers jargon when you use this term it means that a game makes you feel like you watch a movie more than like you play a game. A good example of it is MGS4 but it still has sophisticated gameplay mechanics.
Also there is a huge difference between the best aesthetically looking game and the best realistically looking one.
Anyway how come you do not find AvP2 looking like a comic book too? It definitely did not look realistically in 2001 as I remember it especially in comparison to MGS2.

Maybe none, there's no shame to admit there's no good Predator game yet.

I am not going to shame you for it. It is just your personal preference.

The game was bad, the SP was bad, the maps were bad, the graphics with Aztec ruins taking from the AVP movie (just like H:G) was bad.

Pyramid ruins in PH:G are not playing the same role like in AvP movie. They are just naturally there bringing more variety to this particular map.

I suggest you download AVP2, install AJL Mod and see for yourself. It's 20 years old and there are still games going around with many players.
While AVP2 was a bad fast pace doom like game, the mod translated the whole thing to an actual Alien / Predator game.

I have watched some gameplays from AJL Mod R3 and I still do not see anything special in it like I did not in 2001. Just a weird mish-mash.

You've played different things.
Different path different life.
It's not an ego war for who's going to be ultimately right.
If you're satisfied with the game it's ok. I'm not.

Actually in my particular situation I had access to almost every game and every gaming hardware. And I do not think it was good for me for various reasons. That is why I asked.

It's not special it's efficient and works.
RE is single player, can't even compare or maybe you should take these RE that are multiplayer based like RE6 :D

It maybe works but it is not an RE game.
The classic ones I meant are RE1-3. RE4 is just a good game for its time with an RE name slapped on it. I do not care about the rest besides REmake (GCN) but I still prefer the original.

I need more than a 2 line text at the loading screen and an arrow on the map to be involved in the game. Yup I've seen it and I've no idea how you can feel this setup a mood. You could literally write "Drug Dealer are selling Unicorn to the Zombie Mutant Giant Space Ant, you have to hack them" and it wouldn't change a bit the game. This is why I have a problem because if you can replace anything by anything else and in makes no difference at all then why make the game in the first place? Try changing zombies in L4D with Donuts and see if this work the same. Or have a text at the beginning saying "4 People go on a Vacation, find the boat to go to your trip" would make a totally different impact. And the great thing that I'm talking about in gameplay is that they don't even need to write it down because it's organic, it's part of the gameplay and this is a feeling I don't have on the human side with Predator Hunting Ground. Cool if you do.

The thing is that a background story for the game is explained in gameplay menus. Everything is setup perfectly by this. You know why you are there and how it connects with everything established by the movies. There is no nonsense like you try to make of it.
L4D has already running zombies which is a big NO for me. I do not like them in movies and I do not like them in games.

The fact everything is interchangeable and has little consequences is what is not clear from me.
Text based in a briefing or over a radio and plays on a shuffle is what's completely killing it for me.
It requires no involvement from me whatsoever but have me chase a cursor, press a command and wait for new instruction (why am I doing that again? oh yeah that text during the lobby screen!)
I saw the blood and I'm glad of it, would have been a step back compared to previous game if you couldn't track them after damaging them.

Again read the background story and mission brief. There are consequences of your choices in the game.

It seems you still do not know what this game is about. You participate in a match. To win it as the fireteam, you can kill a predator, or accomplish a mission and escape. But as a predator, you have to prevent an escape of the fireteam by killing them. And a marker helps you to navigate in 3D environment.

Then we had different impression.

Not an impression. An experience by playing it myself.

It's also the first time there's this mechanic in a Predator game so it's not hard to love.
Different impression again.

I like working-functional mechanic, not because it is the first time it is there.

Looking at Illfonic history, I know none of their video game development is in my top 100 :D

Who said that any company that did not please you with their previous product can't please with their next one? I doubt that your favorite game devs made only good games.

Now go, read my future and do your facebook personality test magic with strong judgment over me! XD

All I can say is that I am not impressed and there is no reason to belittle you. For example your previous choices can suggest what your next ones will be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed