Cultists (Read 14,619 times)

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

:o Mmmmm.... Cultists.  :D

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Quote from: DiabloGuapo on Jan 12, 2008, 01:18:35 AM
Quote from: CanadianHero67 on Jan 09, 2008, 10:32:41 PM
Some where in the level 5 I think it is. The level when you attack the hive and get a cocoon.
You're right, but I only found one. In the last Alien mission, there is a whole group complete with a cult leader.
I thought there was more then one. Is it possible preds killed some? I think I remember preds killing them after you get the cacoon.

EDIT: I remember now there is only one.

ShadowXeno

ShadowXeno

After I reached my obsession with demons and cults....I want to know what kind of religion those cultists have for the Aliens....Demon Queen Xenomorph Goddess.....

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Or maybe the devil is the King alien, and godess is Queen. ;)

Zero

Zero

Or maybe cultists need to rethink their lives  :-\

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Too late when your strapped to the wall of a hive...

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Private Hudson on Mar 05, 2008, 01:00:23 AM
Too late when your strapped to the wall of a hive...
lol. I like building my army with them.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Lol, same here. I really just believe thats why they're there.

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

I remember one time I was playing as the USCM, in the praetorian cocoon level. I came across a human encampment, that looked a bit like it had been ransacked. In the center of it all was a unit that was identified as "Cult Leader". I had my infantrymen target and shoot him, but his health meter always stayed the same. The man wouldn't die!

aliensetta

aliensetta

I think there cool but they don't help me at all.(K Series always takes them first. >:()

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Never knew they were there.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Some people will worship anything. Aliens are actually quite a rational choice of idol if you think about it from their perspective. They are looking for something to believe in, and there they are, beings that are nigh on unkillable, and I can see how they might believe that worshipping them would gain them 'ascension' to the ranks of the aliens through being facehugged.

On a purely gaming note, I try to catch and use them as hosts, but the K-Series usually get them first and since they're tougher and more numerous I often get owned trying to fight them off.

Predator755

Predator755

Oh! Cultists? These guys arent unknown in the Aliens universe. The first cult rose up in Aliens Earth Hive, and the real reason why the xenos escaped in the first place. It was led by a guy named Salvaje. You see, in the early comics and stuff, xenos were able to communicate sorta, using telepathic dreams. People that recieved these dreams either saw them as horrible nightmares, or visions of 'The true Messiah'. Of course, it was only a way to lure people into being hosts, which worked quite well.
The place where the first xeno was being housed in Lima, which had matured into a queen and laying eggs, was raided by hundreds of cultists. Many gave themselves willingly as hosts, but some sorta regretted it. Before a destruct sequence was activated, around a dozen inpregnated hosts got free.

Anywhat, a lot of cults exist after the alien wars, but mostly through the spread of Royal Jelly which is in the extended universe. You can see quite a bit of this in the Omnibus series, mostly in the first and fourth volumes. Freaks...

Anywho, Im pretty darn sure the cultists in the game are only there to kinda give you a freebee, since its the last level and its the toughest. After all, you are going up against a full sized hive of the K-Series.
Hahahaha! Hope I didnt talk anyone's ears off with the whole thing with the extened universe. ::)

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

Oh, on another note, I think it's fun to have a Ravager pose in the center of a cultist group.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: Predator755 on Aug 25, 2008, 10:48:45 PM
Oh! Cultists? These guys arent unknown in the Aliens universe. The first cult rose up in Aliens Earth Hive, and the real reason why the xenos escaped in the first place. It was led by a guy named Salvaje. You see, in the early comics and stuff, xenos were able to communicate sorta, using telepathic dreams. People that recieved these dreams either saw them as horrible nightmares, or visions of 'The true Messiah'. Of course, it was only a way to lure people into being hosts, which worked quite well.
The place where the first xeno was being housed in Lima, which had matured into a queen and laying eggs, was raided by hundreds of cultists. Many gave themselves willingly as hosts, but some sorta regretted it. Before a destruct sequence was activated, around a dozen inpregnated hosts got free.

Anywhat, a lot of cults exist after the alien wars, but mostly through the spread of Royal Jelly which is in the extended universe. You can see quite a bit of this in the Omnibus series, mostly in the first and fourth volumes. Freaks...

Anywho, Im pretty darn sure the cultists in the game are only there to kinda give you a freebee, since its the last level and its the toughest. After all, you are going up against a full sized hive of the K-Series.
Hahahaha! Hope I didnt talk anyone's ears off with the whole thing with the extened universe. ::)

Since the comics aren't canon they don't count as part of the alien universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed