Ridley looking to film in Australia

Started by T Dog, Sep 30, 2015, 01:03:53 PM

Author
Ridley looking to film in Australia (Read 24,286 times)

Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean

"And we have Neill Blomkamp's Alien, which will be out in 2017. We just have the first [screenplay] draft in so far but it looks pretty good."

So my feelin was right about Alien 5 could be out in 2017.If A:Paradise Lost start shooting it may came out in November 2016 as fast Ridley works.The Martian started shooting around last november(my brother was an extra in a NASA press conference scene 8)) and they  relased earlier than expected so Alien 5 may relase in 2017 july or november but not in 2018 if Ridley knows the date is set i will be very happy to have both movie in two years.
They have to hurry if there really will be a 3rd and 4th Prometheus continuation.

"Yeah. It wont be about rebates. I'm a working Production Manager and Assistant Director. No one care about rebates on something that size. All films have to in some way deal with government to get concessions only the government can give. Even small films. For permits and the like. Also to alert local economies, get location agreements, permits to shoot in parks, tap into electricity, blow things up, utilize local law enforcement,... all those things."
Yes but The Martian's lot of scene was shot in Budapest Raleigh Studios and a lot of big Hollywood film like The Spy,Hercules because the possibility of hight rebates and Ridley talked with the government commissioner for some reason,and Ridley held a master class for students and professionals where i cant attend because of the low capacity venue.

::)

XENOMORPHOSIS

One things for sure, they'll have a big DVD box set for the four Alien films plus Neill's new threequel movie and the Prometheus prequel tie-ins all to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Alien in 2019.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Oct 03, 2015, 10:27:20 PM
One things for sure, they'll have a big DVD box set for the four Alien films plus Neill's new threequel movie and the Prometheus prequel tie-ins all to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Alien in 2019.

Oh yeah!  Just keep the AVP stuff out please!

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 04, 2015, 03:02:05 AM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Oct 03, 2015, 10:27:20 PM

Oh yeah!  Just keep the AVP stuff out please!

I'm sure there will be separate collectable DVD box sets, like there was for the Alien Predator Total Destruction DVD box set, then the Prometheus to Alien DVD box set. Fans can take their pick.

Wonder when Shane Black's Predator 4 will go into production, its been a year since they announced he was penning the script, a year later producer John Davis has said he's only now close to finish writing. I assumed they intend to start filming during 2016 then go into post production for the later half of the year for editing, adding digital effects, adding music ect. Then the marketing and release set for the summer of 2017 commemorating the 30th Anniversary of the original Predator. Just an assumption.

I'm worried if Fox would probably delay the film's progress so it wouldn't conflict with Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Paradise Lost or Neill Blomkamp's new Alien. Ridley Scott's film is said to be out by 2017, and Neill's should perhaps be 2018, thought unlikely what if we had a year where there was both an Alien film and a Predator film out in the same year? "Not counting AVP"

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: tmjhur on Oct 02, 2015, 06:32:33 PM
Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Oct 02, 2015, 05:37:54 PM
Ridley Scott confirms he's preparing to film Prometheus 2 in Sydney in January

""I'm one of those people who can multitask — I'm drawing the bridge of the next spaceship."
Cool!

is he storyboarding or re designing the orrery ??

Oh sorry story boarding.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Robot Sentry on Oct 02, 2015, 06:49:42 PM
I've always felt that Pinewood Studios is part of the "Alien" franchise DNA. Although now I'm remembering that the original Alien was shot at Shepperton Studios.

I do believe Shepperton does belong to Pinewood anyway. But I do agree with you - I feel kinda sad about it because I'm a Brit and I like the Alien films (sans AvPs and AR, of course) being filmed over here.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 05, 2015, 08:35:42 AM
Quote from: Robot Sentry on Oct 02, 2015, 06:49:42 PM
I've always felt that Pinewood Studios is part of the "Alien" franchise DNA. Although now I'm remembering that the original Alien was shot at Shepperton Studios.

I do believe Shepperton does belong to Pinewood anyway. But I do agree with you - I feel kinda sad about it because I'm a Brit and I like the Alien films (sans AvPs and AR, of course) being filmed over here.

Apparently all the blighty studios were already fully booked. I suspect Star Wars Ep VIII and Star Wars: Rogue One were two of the prime culprits.

Quote from: Yahoo News"Ridley Scott can't find an appropriate film studio in Britain," Ms Bishop told The West Australian .

"They were all taken or busy, and he wants to film in Australia because of the facilities, the people and the resources we have.

More here: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/29749272/tax-carrot-for-alien-filmmaker/

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 03, 2015, 05:14:07 AM
Yeah. It wont be about rebates. I'm a working Production Manager and Assistant Director. No one care about rebates on something that size.

QuoteScott had also wanted to film the Matt Damon blockbuster The Martian in Australia but a disagreement with the Government scuttled those plans. The movie was shot in Hungary and Jordan, where Scott secured favourable tax treatment.

Three types of refundable tax offsets worth up to 40 per cent of production costs, depending on the extent of Australian content, are available for filmmakers.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 05, 2015, 08:35:42 AMI do believe Shepperton does belong to Pinewood anyway.

As of the turn of the millennium, yes, Pinewood bought it. Makes sense as it's just down the road.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 05, 2015, 08:35:42 AMBut I do agree with you - I feel kinda sad about it because I'm a Brit and I like the Alien films (sans AvPs and AR, of course) being filmed over here.

Yeah, likewise. Although as Eighth Passenger said, Star Wars has probably got everything locked up at the moment.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

https://twitter.com/Usa_Production/status/656274961166897152

According to USA Production News it will film in Rome.

Rome, Italy or Rome, Georgia??  ??? WTF?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've sent them a Tweet asking for clarification.

Is there anything of interest in either Rome?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2015, 01:24:01 PM
Is there anything of interest in either Rome?

Well... the Vatican is in Rome, Italy. Maybe the Deacon from Prometheus got himself a job?

Corporal Hicks

Maybe Jesus' family picked him up and dropped him off as vengeance?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

And I see there has been quite a few films and television productions that was shot in Rome, Georgia including the recent Need for Speed.

It could be either, though USA Production News seems to specialize in productions happening within the US border.

Perfect-Organism

There is a place called Roma in Australia just west of Brisbane.  Could it be?

Bu if it is The Rome, then I suspect some sort of Jesus connection as has been speculated since Prometheus came out.  That would raise some eyebrows.  I hope he doesn't play the "Jesus was an alien" card explicitly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed