AvP Franchise Dead, Long Live Predator?

Started by Darkness, Sep 22, 2008, 09:30:06 PM

Author
AvP Franchise Dead, Long Live Predator? (Read 29,858 times)

alienmv

alienmv

AVP franchise is over ??? why I really like both AVP films great sci fi movies

Hickson

Hickson

It's about time. And now we're only waiting for Alien 5 to be announc.

RakaiThwei

I am simply astonished at the narrow mindedness of the people who call themselves fans here. Apparently, you could not appriciate the AvP films for what they were rather instead I hear never ending complaining of what these narrow minded people want the films to be.   Granted, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm not robbing them of that but enough is enough. The films are far from bad, and the AvP franchise is long from dead. AvP can take place in any setting and in any time line, given that the Yautja and the Xenomorph have been around longer than mankind. It could take place in the past, present or the future even. In my mind, I thought the films were creatively original and something new.   Yes, I'd LOVE to see AvP3 set in space with the Colonial Marines, who doesn't?   But seriously people, stop complaining and stop being so narrow minded.

rudy ripley

rudy ripley

8)   At the end of AVP 2 there was a Predator gun and the Kernel showed it to Ms. Wetani and she said that 'the world isn't ready for this technology" and the Kernel said "it isn't for this world, isn't Ms. Wetani?" So there is there should be a sequel  to that, why AVP die? It should continue, it can't end there, there's no ending. Until AVP3.

Darkness

It has nothing to do with narrow-mindedness. The majority of fans hated the second one. It was a terrible movie. Accept that. I for one, hope they never make another AvP fillm. Why? I'd rather have no AvP movies at all, than more bad movies. A good AvP movie can't be made, especially under Fox.

nish nish

nish nish

^^RakaiThwei  Apparantly you do not give a damn if two movies (avp, and avpr, especially avpr) shit all over the other Alien and Predator movies.  That much is clear.  It is not narrow mindedness.  It simply is common sense.  I was looking forward to AVP 1 when it came out, I enjoyed it but was still disappointed with it, and was not looking forward to AVP 2 at all, maybe except for the Predalien, but then I saw the movie was more disappointed in it than the first one, I did not think that was possible, but they achieved a worse movie than the first one.  Predalien was underused and could barely be seen.  Both trash films, and avoiding a third one is a good thing, unless the third one has nothing to do with the second avp movies would that be of some interest.  If a third VP movie was done, avoiding space joickey's, alien home world, alien origins, then that would be alright, I do not want to see that stuff done at all, leave some mystery in the series.  I was pissed with the Predator homeworld being shown in AVP 2, when that sort of thing should not have been revealed unless it was a Predator movie, which the movie basically was anyway.  I don't know why people say AVP 1 was a Alien movie and AVP 2 was a Predator movie, when both feel like Predator movies, and bad movies at that.

nish nish

nish nish

^^^rudy ripley  That is precisely why there SHOULD NOT BE A AVP 3!!!!!!!!!!

nish nish

nish nish

I think a good avp movie could have been made, but that time is way to late, that time is gone, 20th Century Fox screwed up big time with their terrible decisions, especially their terrible decision to let two inexperienced brothers direct the really pointless, atrocious and embarrassing second movie (not to mention, a easy, crabby cash grabber).

RakaiThwei

First off, I KNOW a bad movie when I see it-- Alien Resurrection, now THAT was a bad movie over all! Hell, not even Joss Whedon can talk about the movie without bursting into tears. Seriously, the man becomes a water fountain if you talk about Alien Resurrection with him.   And AvP and AvP-R shitting all over the previous movies? What? I find that hard at all to believe. Seriously, I do. AvP was made by Paul W.S. Anderson, who has a bad streak going on when making movies, there is no doubt about it but AvP was, in my opinion, good.   AvP-R was good in my opinion as well, they returned to the Predator roots and added more to the story. It explained how WY came to know about the Alien way before the events of Alien happened.   Look, I don't know about any of you, but all I have been hearing is nothing but hate for these two movies. I for one, liked them for what they were. All I am hearing are major comparisons to the older films.. You have to account the nostalgia factor when comparing the newer films to the older ones.   (Continued)

RakaiThwei

The older films are great, there is no denying that-- but I recall much negative hype when Alien 3 came out. Now people say it's great. Same thing with Predator 2 when Stephen Hopkins gave the Predator a thing called, oh, whats the word-- yeah, character! Now people say it's gold.  What does everyone want? Everyone from the original films to reunite for a Alien, Predator or an AVP film? Sounds like it.. Everyone wants Jim Cameron to direct? Sounds like it.   Jim Cameron has other projects to work with other than Alien or Predator. Weaver has been type casted and is so disgruntled with it, she hesitates on doing another Alien film. Arnold is busy running California, and if he runs for Senate.. well... hang it up.  Well.. if it's a crime for me to see AvP3, or even liking the AvP films, then I am guilty as charged.  I'm not robbing anyone of their opinion, if they hate it, I can accept it. There is no problem with that. But to me, from how I see the hate, it just screams alot of things..

nish nish

nish nish

That is the thing I hate about avp 2, the inclusion of weyland Yutani, WHY!!!!!!!!!?????????????????  Totallt ruins the canon of Alien, I ignore that ending, especially if they did a AVP 3.  That is a good thing they won't do it, because I don't want the mystery ruined anymore than it has been already.  Oh my gosh.........Alien Resurrection is like Shakespeare compared to AVP 1 and especially AVP 2

nish nish

nish nish

Also, I always thought Alien 3, Alien Resurrection and Predator 2 were and are great, never understood the negativity towards them.  So what if Hicks and the girl were dead in Alien 3, I did not care.  Alien and Aliens are good, but way overrated, as is Predator.  All are good though

MrFacehug

Ok, first, I have to agree with RakaiThwei: The AvP movies are good. Second, I have to agree again: Wether or not you like the movies is your own choice. And third, the reason that AvP:R are considered a "bad" movie is because of all it's flaws. If I would think like a critic, I'd probably say that the movie was horrible. It has a bad script, bad acting and bad lightning. Really, the only thing that makes me like this movie is cause I love seeing the Aliens and Preds duking out.  And that also answers your question about who's saying that AvP:R is bad. It's critics who judge the movie from those rules, and they're actually right on that part.  And lastly, I have to comment on the thing you said about AvP:R being made by Predator fans: That's total bullshit. The directors never had the intentions in making a movie that Predator fans would love, and Alien fans would hate. They just had a special opinion on the whole thing. They wanted to please the Alien fans by making the Aliens scary and sneaky instead of action packed. And they wanted the Pred to be the opposite, cause they thought that in that way, both fans would be pleased. It just didn't work out that well.  (Oh, and sorry about the bullshit part; That ruined my otherwise polite reply... XD)

nish nish

nish nish

Re-watching AVP R (yes I own the crappy movie and the first one, got both with coupons, so I only paid $2.86 for the both together (two disc version each))  It really did feel like a Predator movie, and I said that the first one does too.  The Aliens are hardly in the second film and they are in the first one a lot more.  I do not really think they hide the Aliens well, it was not scary, they needed a different director to get that aspect of scaring the audience with the Aliens.  I probably would have liked AVP R a lot better if it were for these things (and many other things, but I will just list these few)  1.  If the movie was not so damn dark to hide the crummy effects  2.   If the Predalien was used more and the Aliens  3.  If there was more predators  4.  Scrap that last minute ending (this is the main one, get rid of this ending with Yutani and I would have like the movie a lot more, it totally screws up 'Alien' and the Alien franchise)  5.  Did not show the Predator homeworld (leave this to the Predator franchise)  6.  Better actors and dialogue.

Requiem28

don't worry, they'll do AVP3......i hope   :-\  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed