Colonial Marines in PC Gamer

Started by ikarop, Jul 02, 2011, 02:48:06 PM

Author
Colonial Marines in PC Gamer (Read 29,799 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Yutani on Jul 07, 2011, 07:54:28 PM
I am hoping they add a multiplayer to this game and hopefully its a lot better than Aliens vs Predator 2010!

They have to. It's gaming suicide otherwise. I think its just a case of waiting to find out (other than co-op), what sort it'll have.

Saurian

Saurian

i saw the august and september and one has duke nukem and another game on the other. what gives?

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Saurian on Jul 20, 2011, 10:37:24 PM
i saw the august and september and one has duke nukem and another game on the other. what gives?

This is the UK issue. I assume you're in the US.

Saurian

Saurian

oh man this is the uk....poopie

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jul 03, 2011, 07:27:26 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 03, 2011, 05:53:16 PM
Quote from: Effectz on Jul 03, 2011, 01:56:45 PM
What i dont understand is how did the Orbital Nuke of LV-426 go horribly wrong?It went ''Bang'' Didn't it.Even the Nostromo,i hope they tell this story well.After Duke Nukem im gonna be a skeptic,not putting all my eggs in one basket.

There was no orbital nuke.

People seem to forget this because of the exchange of lines between Ripley, Hicks and Burke. "Nuke the site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure"

Obviously a orbital nuke would have been more effective than the reactor malfunctioning, but for the sake of this game, Ripley and company didn't think of that.

For the purpose of the game, the reactor's explosion still would have killed all humans at the colony but who knows about the Xenos.

People, "Nuke the site from orbit..." means drop a nuke from orbit, not detonate a nuke IN orbit...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

We know.

The only time you detonate a nuke in orbit is to disable a wide array of communications with your emp, which would cover a much broader area (it is actually what MI for the US is most afraid of, instead of terrorist detonating a nuke within a city since at a certain height even a tactical nuke could disable a huge portion of the eastern seaboard, or if you placed one high enough in the atmosphere the entirity of mainland usa).

To do damage to an enemy who needed no tech to keep coming after you however, a direct strike would be neccessary.

PVTDukeMorrison

I read that the explosion of the reactor went mainly upward, so the colony was not destroyed, but heavily damaged, and that large underground portions of the colony remain unscathed. If I find the article I will post it, unless someone already has.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 06, 2011, 04:46:57 AM
I read that the explosion of the reactor went mainly upward, so the colony was not destroyed, but heavily damaged, and that large underground portions of the colony remain unscathed. If I find the article I will post it, unless someone already has.

Not an article. That came from our Q&A with Sega and Gearbox during E3: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=39083.0

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed